Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Sr Eng I, API Gateway Engineering/MicroServices
We have an obsessive focus on building best in class APIs to support all capabilities across the enterprise. As we focus heavily on performance, security, and maintainability, in order to provide our card members a best in class experience, we are seeking a highly energetic, passionate and experienced engineer to drive API Engineering into the future.
The individual will help to build a companywide strategy for API Reliability, Maintenance & Development. Also envision frameworks to empower our API platform reliability.
- Maintain & develop new API frameworks in technologies such as REST and gRPC
- Ensure the site reliability of frameworks to 5 – 9’s
- Help pivot toward serverless, FaaS based, architectures
- Build & manage platforms to help teams across the company quickly deploy A2A services
- Evangelize the API engineering transformation at an accelerated pace
- Collaborate with technology peers and leaders to gain strategic alignment
- Foster innovation and experimentation
- Responsible for availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning
- Create a bridge between development and operations by applying a software engineering mindset to system administration topics
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- 9+ years of engineering experience, with emphasis on managing high volume and highly scalable systems
- Knowledge of automation process to bring in a high reliable and zero downtime platform
- Capability to manage environment provisioning and DevOps pipeline setup
- A firm understanding of networking principles: DNS, TCP, TLS, HTTP 2
- Experience developing architecture and E2E solutions that conform to requirements for privacy, security and compliance
- The ability to look at code and derive time and space complexity
- Deep experience with multiple open source solutions
- The ability to learn new technologies quickly and teach them to others.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 28, 2020, 1:21:43 PM