Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Enterprise Architecture not only understands how Technology works, but how that Technology intersects with people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers.
American Express is embarking upon an exciting modernization and transformational journey to build out an Enterprise Cloud Gateway. We are looking for someone with deep knowledge of Kubernetes & API’s to join a team highly talented individuals. In this role, you will contribute to an Engineering team which will deliver the next generation of highly available API’s.
As a member of this team, you will be exposed to technologies such as Kubernetes, gRPC, REST, Istio, Consul, Envoy, Jaeger, OpenTracing, OpenShift, Prometheus & Grafana. You will get hands on experience working on a highly available Service Mesh solution leveraged by all capabilities across American Express.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
- Develop new API frameworks in technologies such as REST and gRPC
- Build API solutions using rapidly evolving technologies such as Istio and Envoy
- Help pivot toward serverless, FaaS based architectures
- Build platforms to help teams across the company quickly deploy B2B and A2A services
- Evangelize the API engineering transformation at an accelerated pace
- Collaborate with technology peers and leaders to gain strategic alignment
- Foster innovation and experimentation
- Develop new API frameworks, which empower our developer base, and allow us to increase of development velocity
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
Are you up for the challenge?
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- 5+ years of engineering experience, with emphasis on building high volume, highly scalable systems
- A firm understanding of networking principles: DNS, TCP, TLS, HTTP 2
- Experience developing architecture and E2E solutions that conform to requirements for privacy, security and compliance
- The ability to look at code and derive time and space complexity
- Deep experience with multiple open source solutions
- The ability to learn new technologies quickly and teach them to others
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 28, 2020, 6:23:16 PM