Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express has embarked on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This is a great opportunity to join the CTO organization within American Express Technologies become the driver of this exciting journey
What we’re looking for:
You’re a talented, creative, and motivated engineer who loves developing powerful, stable, and intuitive apps – and you’re excited to work with a team of individuals with that same passion. You’ve accumulated years of experience, and you’re excited about taking your mastery of Cloud, Big Data and Java to a new level. You enjoy challenging projects involving cloud implementation and migration strategies, big data strategies and are cool under pressure. You’re no stranger to fast-paced environments and agile development methodologies – in fact, you embrace them with your strong analytical skills, your unwavering commitment to quality, your excellent technical skills, and your collaborative work ethic, you’ll do great things here at American Express.
Purpose of the Role:
Cornerstone is company’s largest Big Data Platform, ideally suited for computationally and/or data intensive processing applications. Whether the data needs to be processed in batch, online, or streaming manner, Cornerstone provides robust capabilities to handle such workloads effectively, in a cost-efficient manner.
You will play a key role in building solutions that enable cornerstone’s infrastructure and offerings to natively stay and operate on public/private cloud. You will also define the solutions for a hybrid cloud approach. You will partner closely with platform teams, applications teams across the company to understand business critical, customer facing capabilities and provide first class cloud solutions that solve these challenges in a scalable, reusable manner.
• Drive cloud native application architecture and patterns to enable application migration to cloud platform
• Partner with cloud platform engineering teams to build services and applications on both private and public cloud platforms
• Develop cloud migration patterns for a broad range of applications including distributed, database, big data, and COTS applications
• Partner with Enterprise Architecture and Application teams to develop creative enterprise grade solutions on cloud
• Help drive the next generation hybrid cloud adoption strategy and execution
• Contribute to best-in-class developer experience on the cloud platform
• Identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
• Performing ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement
• Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team
• Work closely with product managers, platform and application engineers to implement versatile solutions to challenging enterprise problems
• Demonstrate increased self-reliance to achieve team goals
• Influence team members with creative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking
• Be a productivity multiplier for your team by analyzing your work flow and contributing to enable the team to be more effective, productive, and demonstrating faster and stronger results
• Mentor and guide junior team members to success within the team
• 3+ years relevant experience development experience in Python, Scala, and/or Java
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related experience
• High sense of code ownership and craftsmanship.
• Experience with distributed and concurrent systems and understanding the tradeoffs between stateful/stateless and synchronous/asynchronous architectures.
• Ability to work independently - identify problems, create plans, suggest and implement solutions.
• Strong experience building RESTful web services.
• Must have experience in cloud native application patterns and tools, micro services architectures, application migrations to any cloud platform
• Strong experience with containerization stateful applications (Docker & Kubernetes).
• Experience with Cloud Big Data Stack (AWS and GCP)
• Experience with streaming and messaging systems (Kafka, RabbitMQ, Akka etc).
• Excellent understanding of Infrastructure, Virtualization, Containers, Network, Storage, Monitoring tools, Logging analytic tools (Splunk, etc.)
• Experience with Application Performance Management tools (Splunk, App Dynamics, New Relic, DynaTrace, etc.)
• Real passion for and Excellent understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CICD) tools and processes (Example: Jenkins, Ansible, etc.)
• Experience with scalable database systems in cloud environments.
• Proven experience leading teams of engineers
• Hands-on expertise with application design, software development, and automated testing
• Java, Python, Scala
• Spark, Flink, MapReduce, HDFS, Object Storage
• SQL, One among MongoDB, DynamoDB, MySql, Postgres, Elastic Search
• Docker, Kubernetes, ECR, EKS, EC2, S3
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 2, 2020, 12:03:54 PM