The position is a great mixture of accounting, reporting and project management duties within Controllership department. Reporting directly to Reporting Manager for Central and Eastern Europe, you will be involved in statutory and regulatory reporting for the CEE region, financial analysis including month-end and year-end close, accounting advisory support to the business as well as support to regional projects including identification of automation possibilities and process enhancements.
- Taking the lead on assigned North Europe regional projects, identification of automation opportunities and processes optimization
- Analyze Month End balances and accounting entries ensuring compliance to relevant internal policy, local and US GAAP for all legal entities in CEE
- Preparation/coordination of Financial Statements process in all legal entities in CEE; statutory and other audits coordination where required
- Regulatory, Statistical and other local reporting (end to end process for Poland, coordination for Czech Rep and Hungary)
- Accounting expertise advice to the business including analytical support for management reporting and budget
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Accounting background with at least 3 year’s experience in finance departments
- Advanced skills in Excel, MS-Office applications and other reporting systems (basic programming skills preferred)
- Change and project management experience
- Good understanding of Polish GAAP
- Basic understanding of US GAAP will be an advantage
- Experience in Financial Statements preparation and Regulatory Reporting (Stat Office, National Bank)
- Fluent in Polish and English languages
- Proven ability to build and leverage strong relationships, take initiative, and lead a project from conception through implementation to evaluation
- Good presentation, written and verbal communication skills combined with an ability to interact effectively with senior leaders and business partners
- Ability to quickly adjust to shifting priorities, multiple demands and change
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 27, 2020, 7:51:47 AM