American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The incumbent will be responsible for the business architecture of GBS group within American Express. This is a business & technology facing role, mapping business process to capabilities, providing E2E solution for the prioritized features using program increments, ensuring flexible and global system/capability design and 1-2 year capability roadmap including performance, availability and test automation. The role involves working with product managers, business managers and engineering leaders to convert the business idea/vision into a development roadmap.
The incumbent will also be responsible day to day solution management cadence in Agile framework across GBS products and processes. Requires strong organizational, technical and creative problem-solving skills. Requires strong stakeholder management and ability to influence across multiple levels of leadership. Must work well in a dynamic, complex environment and under deadline pressures. Propagates architectural flows and governance to a set of scrum teams to deploy the new business features across products for GBS.
- Run solution management cadence including partners (Product Development, Technology, and business teams) to identify needs, opportunities, and gaps, and solve problems
- Create architectural artifacts (process flows and diagrams) for business initiatives to ensure consistency across products, help in evaluating and configuring new products across GBS.
- Consolidate and correlate disconnected business needs, processes and identify synergies to avoid redundant design and build.
- Communicate solution architecture details and roadmap to scrum teams who in-turn will translate them into user stories and deployment plan
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the business process, drivers for change and recommend the right solution
- Maintain the inventory and knowledge base on business processes, business capabilities and technical components along with other architectural artefacts e.g. data architecture, application architecture
- Brainstorm and negotiate effectively with various stakeholders to continuously come up with best design
- 3-5 years in agile product development and delivery
- 1-2 years of Solution architecture experience
- A good balance of business acumen and technical knowledge with a proven track record of driving digital innovation and architecture with a customer-first mindset
- An established background in launching software or services in partnership with engineering teams and high degree of proficiency in prototyping, iterative development, Agile Framework and principles
- Enthusiasm and passion for building great products and services and an ability to articulate product functionality
- Understanding of the evolving compliance and regulatory requirements and environment and how to incorporate technology, infrastructure and security requirements into the product design
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners to drive collaboration and alignment
- High degree of organization, individual initiative and personal accountability
- An ability to solve complex problems and a highly analytical approach
- Computer Science degree related technical field is ideal
- Experience with Integrated workspace management tools is a plus
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 24, 2020, 5:37:08 PM