You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
American Express Voice Capabilities is part of the Global Services Group Technology organization which provides all the underlying technology in our contact centers that connect and curate interactions between Card Members and Customer Care Professionals to enable world class customer service support. Our Voice Capabilities are the critical back bone for all American Express servicing interactions, must always be available and highly resilient, and be flexible enough to adapt to the highly changing global servicing and regulatory environment 24x7, 365 days a year.
American Express is making strategic investments in our Voice Platform Engineering support teams. These teams have a combination of infrastructure, vendor product, and Amex application skills coupled with experience in incident management. They work closely with Service Operations to provide Level 2 support during system outages, they deliver key automation and monitoring capabilities to improve performance and resiliency, and they code and configure systems to deliver permanent resolution to systemic problems.
As the Platform Engineering support engineer, you will be a hands-on engineer providing tactical support for Level 2 issues on critical bridge calls. You will be restoring service to critical voice applications, performing root cause investigation, and developing and implementing permanent resolutions. In addition, you will improve our ability to monitor our systems through code and product instrumentation, integration with key tools, and development of automation to drive system self-healing, intelligent alerting, and greater platform resiliency.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- You will be responsible for joining critical incident bridges to provide Level 2 issue restoration support as an individual or as part of a team.
- Post restoration, you will deliver detailed root cause research by reviewing logs, working with product vendors, and reviewing system configuration and performance data, ultimately identifying what went wrong.
- You will develop and deliver solutions to permanently resolve these problems in the future.
- You will identify critical transactional activities and develop monitoring solutions to track these transactions and visualize the data.
- You will develop intelligent alerting to provide informational and action-oriented alerts through a variety of channels including Slack, email, and text.
- You will develop and deploy automation to replace manual tasks, enhancing response time, increasing system self-healing abilities, and improving support task accuracy.
- You will constantly purse and learn industry leading/innovative technologies and solutions. Be acutely aware of enabling technologies and open-source products to build low latency distributed systems and share that perspective to help shape American Express strategy.
- Participate and help grow an engineering culture of innovation and experimentation, engage in fun and outcome-oriented activities, and always be ready to try new concepts without fear of failure.
- Collaborate with peer technology and product teams across different locations.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Are you up for the challenge?
- 5+ years of work experience. Certifications in Genesys systems are a plus.
2-3 years’ experience with Level II support, bridge management, off hours support; Genesys, GAX, GIR, GAAP, WDE, ORS/URS, SIP/Carrier, SQL, Web Design, DT1, Moog
Experience with Java, Python, Ansible and other relevant languages
- Strong experience with the full stack of Genesys products including architecture, implementation, tuning, and support or equivalent experience with other vendor suites across the contact center product landscape including Call Routing, Voice Response, Call Recording, Speech Analytics, Workforce Management, WDE, and Outbound Dialer.
- Strong understanding of the role of voice products in the contact center and their integration with other contact center applications like Servicing Portals. Specifically, detailed understanding of Business processes that leverage these tools and platforms to help diagnose problems and determine potential business impact.
Wide breadth of engineering experience
Hands-on expertise with application design, software development, and automated testing
Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Experience working in DevOps teams and Scrums.
- Ability to learn and deep dive into new technology and business domains, question status quo, think outside of the box, question a vendor approach, and bring a strong external perspective to American Express strategic thinking.
- Have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 17, 2020, 8:59:10 AM