Amex Digital Labs is responsible for catalyzing digital innovation at American Express by originating, incubating and managing emerging products and platforms that can be essential to our customers’ digital lives. We strive to emphasize creativity, customer centricity, and innovation. Focus areas include creating industry-leading digital payment solutions, using our first-class servicing network and lifestyle assets to create digital experiences, and defining new products and services based on emerging technologies and trends.
Amex Digital Labs is looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead and own mobile payments initiatives. The person taking this role will define product features, shape the customer experience, articulate and deliver requirements, lead customer testing and evolve the product backlog primarily for a mobile payment product. The Senior Manager will represent the product with internal and external audiences, acting as the main point of contact with any partner product teams. Product Managers at American Express play a central role identifying customer needs, building unique experiences, and leading teams across the company to launch digital products.
This is a fast-paced team driving the development of digital payment solutions and partner experiences at American Express. The team manages our mobile payment solutions and partners, Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay, as well as our digital payment solutions, such as Amex Pay and Amex Token Service.
- Define new product features, scope, and functions
- Partner with engineering and design to define user stories, guide product definition, and conduct user testing
- Collaborate with internal teams to shepherd your product through the development process, advocating to create the best outcomes
- Coordinate across teams to launch products and features, managing in-market products post-launch
- Obtain feedback on the product, using data, analytics, and customer input, to iterate and drive improvements in future releases
- Define the product roadmap and prioritize the backlog
- Lead product relationship with partners, merchants, and vendors
- Maintain pulse on external digital product development trends and marketplace dynamics to inform continuous product evolution
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager with a passion for digital, a clear focus on the customer, strong communication skills, and the ability to provide clarity and direction across teams. The Senior Manager's main focus will be lead a manage a Partner mobile payment product(s), aswell as to experiment, test, and launch Proof of Concepts or new products for American Express. The Senior Product Manager will deftly collaborate with external customers and internal teams, partnering with engineers to deliver product enhancements and grow adoption.
Key qualifications are:
- Enthusiasm for exceptional products and services, able to empathize with customers, and skilled at articulation of product functionality
- Understanding of tech and product development processes, known as a business person who can speak both tech and business languages
- Curiosity and hunger to know how things work and ability to use that knowledge to make connections and find opportunities with an entrepreneurial mindset and bias toward action
- Determination to get to the best outcome for our customers, both Card Members and Merchants
- Detail oriented, able to identify key questions, make product decisions and assess how pieces of the puzzle interact and affect the overall project
- Recognize issues quickly and determine how to get a resolution through creative and effective problem solving
- Excellent communication skills across distributed and global teams with ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners to drive collaboration and alignment
- Highly organized, taking individual initiative and accountability for getting results
- Preferred, but not required, experience in new product development, product management, or similar role.
- Preferred, but not required, experience working with external partners / strategic partnerships
- Passion for mobile product and technology; particular desire to learn more about, or have prior experience in digital payments would be beneficial
- Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 23, 2020, 2:50:53 PM