Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
The Business Financing and Supplier Payments (BFSP) Team sits within Global Commercial Services (GCS) and is focused on creating products that are the best choice for our customers, which includes small businesses as well as medium and large corporations. This includes developing innovative business financing and supplier payment solutions to meet customer needs, bringing new products to market, and managing the performance of our portfolios. Within BFSP, the Virtual Payments team is seeking a Product Development Analyst for the Business Travel Account (BTA), the product with the third largest billings in the GCS T&E portfolio.
The ideal candidate will be a critical member of the team and be responsible for:
Supporting the BTA Product Owner in the E2E delivery of product features and user stories
Liaising with Product Management partners and other stakeholders to create and support product backlogs
Being an integral part of a BTA scrum team
The role will be critical in sustaining and accelerating the growth of BTA.
We are looking for people who are self-starters; those who want to be a part of a team of movers, doers and thinkers. People who excel in a fast-paced environment, that will stay tightly connected to their product constituents across the globe and who don't mind wearing multiple hats. If you enjoy working directly with product management and technology teams to identify opportunities, innovate, and deliver new products and capabilities, this is the position for you.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- As a Product Development Analyst, you will support the Agile Product Owner, and will contribute to understanding stakeholders' needs, translating those needs and key priorities into user stories and working side by side with Engineering to ship meaningful product using Agile software development methodologies
- Act as the delegate for the Product Development Owner as an integral part of a scrum team
- Support the accurate translation of business requirements into product and process development requirements (features and user stories) to feed into the BTA feature backlog and development process
- Support production validation testing and issue management with scrum teams
- Ability to clearly balance differing priorities, communicate decisions and the rationale behind them
- Have an interest in technical development, differing software, the commercial business and payments capabilities
- Managing reporting of programmed progress, and coordination of critical work with other project teams, outside BTA technology group
- An interest in project management and contributing to complex projects
- Experience with working with global and virtual teams to support successful software development
- Desire to have fun, work with others and find perspective in challenging and frustrating situations
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 20, 2020, 12:18:48 PM