Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
The Business Financing and Supplier Payments (BFSP) Team sits within Global Commercial Services (GCS) and is focused on creating products that are the best choice for our customers, which includes small businesses as well as medium and large corporations. This includes developing innovative business financing and supplier payment solutions to meet customer needs, bringing new products to market, and managing the performance of our portfolios. Within BFSP, the Virtual Payments team is seeking a Product Owner for the Business Travel Account (BTA), the product with the third largest billings in the GCS T&E portfolio.
This role will be critical in sustaining and accelerating the growth of BTA.
We are looking for people who are self-starters; those who want to be a part of a team of movers, doers and thinkers. People who excel in a fast-paced environment, that will stay tightly connected to their product constituents across the globe and who don't mind wearing multiple hats. If you enjoy working directly with product management and technology teams to identify opportunities, innovate, and deliver new products and capabilities, this is the position for you.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
As a Product Owner, you will be responsible for understanding and validating client needs and market opportunities, translating those needs and key priorities into features and user stories and working side by side with Engineering to ship meaningful product using Agile software development methodologies.
- Multiple years of experience in product development, including experience as a product owner working directly with a scrum team
- Accurately translate business requirements into product and process development requirements (features and user stories) to feed into the BTA feature backlog and development process
- Lead production validation testing and issue management with scrum teams
- Ability to clearly communicate decisions and the rationale behind them. Comfortable making decisions even when others disagree.
- Understanding of technology (prior experience in commercial, B2B solutions and virtual payment capabilities is also a plus)
- Demonstrated project management experience, leading complex projects. Proven track record of working with global and virtual teams to support successful software development
- Ability to identify and synthesize trends to provide value-added analysis and recommendations for improvement to leaders
- Experience in customer facing roles such as Sales Support, Account Development, Implementations or Customer Service desired
- Strong ability to stay connected to remote leadership
- Desire to have fun, work with others and find humor and perspective in challenging and frustrating situations
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 26, 2020, 4:57:59 AM