Don’t live life without it
Do you have the ability to put together unique cutting-edge customer facing solutions that increase business value and customer engagement by leveraging strong architectural and UX principles and that are data driven? Do you have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills to help influence and drive results across a diverse organization.
American Express is embarking on an exciting digital transformation driven by an energetic team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our Technology and Product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across the globe through various channels, join our team!
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Serving as a core member of an agile team that drives user story analysis and elaboration, designs and develops responsive web applications using the best engineering practices
- Performing hands-on software development, typically spending 50-60%f time actually writing code and unit tests, doing proof of concepts, conducting code reviews, and testing in ongoing sprints
- Performing ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement
- Developing deep understanding of integrations with other systems and platforms within the supported domains
- Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Mentoring team members and helping out with technical challenges.
- Work closely with product managers, back-end and other front-end engineers to implement versatile solutions to tricky web development problems
- Work with Product Owners to define requirements for new features and plan increments of work.
- Drive automation and ensure automated test scripts are completed for new features in partnership with QA Engineers.
- Perform all technical aspects of software development for assigned applications, including developing prototypes, writing new code and creating API's.
- Design and build integration components and interfaces in collaboration with Senior Engineers, Architects and Infrastructure Engineers as necessary.
- Demonstrate a passion for continuous learning and willingness to adopt new technologies.
- Good attitude, communication, willingness to learn and collaborate
- Bring a culture of innovation, ideas, and continuous improvement
- Challenging status quo, demonstrate risk taking, and implement creative ideas
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline or equivalent 2+ years of work experience
- Able to demonstrate strong web fundamentals & knowledge of DOM
- Experience writing adaptive and responsive UI applications
- 3+ years Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) / Behavior Driven Development (BDD) practices, unit testing, functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, GUI testing, web service testing, and browser compatibility testing, including frameworks such as, WebDriverIO, Cucumber.JS
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery environment and platforms, especially npm, GIT and Jenkins
- 5+ yrs working in an Agile or SAFe Agile development environment
- Proven experience building scalable web applications
- Good communication skills - able to explain technical concepts to designers, product managers and business partners in ways that are meaningful to them
- Experience of i18n and a11y concepts is a plus
Eligibility to work in the US for American Express is required as the company will not be pursuing sponsorship for this position
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 4, 2020, 7:45:35 PM