We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
- Contribute to standing up and operation of a Cloud Native infrastructure
- Design, develop and execute engineering solutions for the Enterprise Frameworks.
- Architect, design and lead the development of horizontal solutions such as data pipelines, data streaming and development of Cloud Native Microservices
- Create standard reusable containers of application stacks to enable on-demand deployment
- Transforming existing applications to cloud native oriented applications
- Collaborate with engineering teams to identify gaps in integration workflow
- Collaborate to build, and deploy customized reusable application environments and application stacks using containers
- Share technical expertise, achievements among internal and external forums and provide technical guidance and mentoring to teams
- Drive platform and container innovations to enable solutions which improve engineering team productivity and reduce cycle time for production deployments
- Drive ongoing improvements and efficiencies in development and operational practices, tools and processes across Technologies
- Mentor junior engineers on the team and help build a strong team of full stack engineers
Are you up for the challenge?
- Experience: 8+ years of software engineering experience with deep technical knowledge covering full stack solution development and delivery.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent
- Tech Expertise: Hands on experience with architecture, design and development of enterprise applications using technologies such as Java, Go, Messaging middleware such as Kafka and virtualization technologies such as docker, vagrant, deployment tools such as ansible, puppet and cluster engines such as Kubernetes and Consul.
- Experience in architecting, designing and leading a team of engineers for full stack application development with a thorough understanding of infrastructure, platform and containers as a service hosting and provisioning capabilities.
- Experience designing and building distributed architectures with a primary focus on microservices and messaging based architectures. Hands on experience in application development and implementing container technologies in a large enterprise.
- Highly experienced in Linux functionalities/features and system administration
- Process Knowledge: Experience and knowledge of working in agile practices.
- CI/CD: Strong understanding and experience working with CI/CD tools and best practices. Experience in designing and implementing CI pipelines for on-demand application stack deployment consisting of multiple services.
- Goal Orientation: Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions; successful track record of delivering quality results in complex cross-functional projects. Ability to influence cross-functional teams, business and vendor partners, and technology leaders.
- Thought Leadership: Proven ability to influence others based on compelling value. Ability to stay engaged with rapidly changing container technology trends and use that knowledge to influence others
- Communications and Mentoring: Experience with technology mentoring, great interpersonal skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills. Excellent presentation skills. Well-rounded experience in communicating with all levels of the organization should be able to articulate the complex technical concepts in simpler terms.
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 16, 2020, 11:40:32 PM