Global Talent Acquisition (GTA) is the recruiting engine of American Express, connecting world-class talent to meaningful work and experiences. As Recruitment Manager, you will lead a team of Recruiters and Recruitment Coordinators, empowering them to execute against functional goals by providing direction on sourcing strategies and best practices. This position will use your previous experience in leadership and recruiting to directly manage a professional recruitment team and motivate them to drive results to the next level. Being close to the marketplace through benchmarking and networking, you will analyze recruitment and business trends to provide expert solutions to finding top talent. Your insight will allow you to make recommendations on recruitment processes, building talent pipelines, driving differentiated recruitment approaches for sourcing top talent in key talent segments. You will build strong partnerships with business leaders to provide a proactive talent acquisition approach and driving top diverse hires.
Key responsibilities include:
Lead the Spanish GTA team to ensure successful recruitment results
Act as a talent strategist and advisor for the business
Be a brand ambassador, both internally and externally, by creating strategies that incorporate the American Express recruitment brand together with Recruitment Marketing and other partners
Demonstrate strong business acumen and enterprise thinking, creating recruitment strategies to fuel business growth, top talent segments and critical initiatives
Maintains high visibility with and influences assigned business leaders and CEG (formerly HR) partners
Provides day-to-day management and direction of strategic initiatives by managing a team of recruiters
Interfaces with other GTA Managers to gain insight into business talent needs and stays current on regional best practices and issues
Provides recruitment support for senior level roles
Build relationships with Hiring Leaders using proactive communication and act as a point of escalation
Provides guidance to Hiring Leaders regarding available skills / talent in the market and salary offers
Ensures ATS information is up to date and compliant with regional regulations
Acts as talent acquisition SME to advise and prioritize both local and global needs
Partners with CEG to ensure alignment and delivery for cross-functional initiatives and successful day-to-day GTA delivery
Consult with CEG and business partners to identify solutions and ensure compliance with global and local policy and process
Monitors and measures the overall effectiveness/impact of the internal and external GTA strategies, TA execution, and stakeholder/candidate satisfaction
Support recruitment activities in EMEA markets outside Spain if required
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- 6+ years of years of functional TA experience, with at least three+ years managing, and leading TA or HR teams is preferred
- Strong business English, both written and oral
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in new world recruitment tools, technologies, and platforms to enhance process efficiencies
- Exceptional assessment and interviewing skills; strong command of assessment and selection methodologies, instruments, and processes
- Experience in a global TA function
- Excellent communication, collaboration, influencing, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with candidates and hiring leaders and a passion for customer service
- Successful track record of leading large-scale initiatives, while also managing large teams
- Driving of process optimization and continuous improvement (e.g. onboarding)
- Strategic outlook and ability to lead change and innovation
- Strong influencing skills and ability to work across multiple levels of an organization
- Ability to coach and develop others and to scale teams
- Ability to make logical decisions in a complex environment
- Able to operate in a complex, fast-moving environment and operate independently and with agility
- Strategic thinking
- Collaborative relationship building
- Problem-solving skills
- Leadership skills
- Excellent judgement, written and verbal communicator
- Excellent presentation skills
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Proud to be recognized by Great Place to Work España - Ranked 2nd of overall Best Companies.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 11, 2020, 10:45:44 AM