At American Express we provide a service of excellence, our customers are our most valuable asset and our teams are the key to achieving this great goal. For over 160 years we continue to grow, proactively responding to the needs and expectations of our customers.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 169 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
We seek creative and innovative people, who are willing to join us in the challenges of the business and are committed to providing superior service. In this opportunity the company is looking for a GCO Director & Counsel to perform in the General Counsel’s Organization business unit of American Express.
This position will Help propel your team and its business partners to success.
- Provide direct support and leadership for highly complex, business-critical issues and initiatives. This may take the form of leading strategic negotiations, handling significant disputes, and advising and guiding colleagues and the business on issues arising in specialized areas of law such as Payment Systems Regulations, AML, Consumer Protection and Fairness, and Data Privacy Regulations.
- Take a primary role in contract structuring, drafting and negotiation of complex business agreements.
- Implement and help improve standard GCO operating procedures and delivery of legal services.
- Research and advise management on emerging business-related legal trends.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t live life without it.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited law school.
- Qualified to practice law in Argentina.
- At least 10 years commercial law practice in a law firm or in-house corporate legal department.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have strong analytical, problem-solving, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to independently manage and prioritize competing demands and multiple issues, while maintaining high attention to detail.
- Excellent judgment and ability to develop and implement creative and practical solutions to complex business and regulatory issues affecting the organization.
- Experience counseling clients on a wide range of payment systems industry issues.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Tiempo completo
Date Posted: 06/03/2020, 14:11:05