- You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers. Software Engineers who join our Loyalty Technology team will be assigned to one of several exciting teams that are developing a new, nimble and modern loyalty platform which will support the key element of connecting with our customers where they are and how they choose to interact with American Express.
- Be part of an enthusiastic, high performing technology team developing solutions to drive engagement and loyalty within our existing cardmember base and attract new customers to the Amex brand.
- The position will also play a critical role partnering with other development teams, testing and quality, and production support, to meet implementation dates and allow smooth transition throughout the development life-cycle.
- The successful candidate will be focused on building and executing against a strategy and roadmap focused on moving from monolithic, tightly coupled, batch based legacy platforms to a loosely coupled, event-driven, microservices-based architecture to meet our long-term business goals
- Position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field followed by 2-4 years of progressively responsible experience with object oriented development (JAVA & GoLang Preferred).
- Demonstrated experience in object oriented application design, software development, and testing, preferably in an Agile environment.
- Experience with open source frameworks, such as DropWizard, SpringBoot, Camel, Guice, AngularJS, Bootstrap, and Node.js.
- Experience with various relational and NoSQL databases, such as Oracle, MongoDB, and Apache Cassandra a plus.
- Experience designing and developing REST APIs for high volume clients.
- Experience with continuous integration tools (Jenkins) a plus.
- Experience with automated build and test frameworks a plus.
- A proven hunger to learn new technologies and translate them into working software.
- Experience with container technology, such as Docker, a plus.
- Experience with Atlassian software development and collaboration tools (Bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence, etc.), a plus.
- Experience with Git a plus
- Aptitude for learning and applying programming concepts
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external business partners
- Knowledge of payments industry
- Experience with coding skills across a variety of distributed technologies
- Experience with a broad range of software languages and payments technologies
- Exposure to integrations with Business Rules Management Systems is desired (Drools, Blaz
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 18, 2020, 9:10:57 AM