There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- Provide planning and coordination support, including project management, analytical support, and support of strategic initiatives as required; also monitor and report progress against key priorities.
- Lead the development and execution of internal communications and logistics for key events, business updates and other deliverables, including accountability for organizing staff meetings, town halls and off-sites.
- Play an active leadership role in the team’s Technology People Strategy, including the campus hire program, intern program, and real estate planning.
- Create impactful presentations by identifying, gathering, synthesizing and assessing a variety of data.
- Proactively develop strong network and working relationships with various constituents across the company in order to accomplish tasks on behalf of the team. This includes working closely with the Project and Program Manager / Analyst network within the department as well as with the Chief of Staff community of the Technology Leadership Team.
- Identify opportunities within the team and create plans to enhance communication, education and other areas to increase team productivity.
- Help the team achieve compliance goals by coordinating and tracking related activities.
- Balance the management of day-to-day business priorities along with long-term strategic deliverables.
- The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter who is able to lead and deliver through ambiguity.
- The individual must be highly organized, culturally-aware and a strong communicator who can effectively multitask and prioritize as needs evolve.
- 3+ years’ experience in working as part of an executive office team required.
- 3+ years’ experience managing day to day VP-level priorities required.
- 3+ years’ experience financial planning and budgeting experience.
- 3+ years’ experience developing executive presentations, documents, etc. with advanced level MS PowerPoint, Excel, and Word skills.
- Able to produce innovative, creative and impactful presentations for all levels of leadership.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including executive presence, with experience translating complex information and requirements into clear and actionable tasks.
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment, with excellent organization skills and careful attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Ability to learn quickly and work proactively with minimal direction.
- Innovative and collaborative approach to problem solving and overcoming barriers.
- Insight and courage to challenge the status quo.
- Demonstrated relationship management skills with proven ability influence without authority across departmental and geographic boundaries.
- Strong sense of integrity and ability to deal with issues and subject matter that requires considerable sensitivity, discretion and judgment.
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree Preferred or has equivalent work experience
- Flexibility and availability when the Chief of Staff is travelling.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 11, 2020, 2:07:55 PM