Why American Express?There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to takeon their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learningand collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. Wehave their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time tospend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new careerpath, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into thebest future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.Don’t make a difference without it.Don’t live life without it.
Job DescriptionThe incumbent will be responsible for managing risk throughout the life-cycle of American Express’ credit products by supporting the market to drive profitable business growth while effectively managing credit losses to acceptable levels and providing an outstanding customer experience to our Card members.
Job Responsibilities (Essential Functions): Primary responsibilities will include:• Designing, developing and implementing risk strategies and initiatives for the region to profitably grow billed business, while controlling net loss provision and improving client satisfaction.
• Effectively interacting and collaborating with colleagues from the central Risk Management organization, as well as Operations and Marketing teams to develop, enhance and implement approved credit strategies and processes.
• Deeply understanding and closely monitoring the key metrics of the credit performance for the portfolio and the implications on trends, diagnosing problems and identifying opportunities for improvement and/or corrections.
• Running ad-hoc analytics and conducting independent risk assessments across various processes to identify potential emerging risks and performance issues.
• Effective communication and presentation skills with the ability to influence others.
• Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills with experience to lead and perform data analytics.
• Track record of driving results with strong thought leadership and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Deep understanding/experience of risk management principles with underwriting and customer management knowledge.
• Flexibility and ability to build strong relationships, operate effectively within large cross-functional teams, and influence business partners to drive changes.
• Self-starter with an ability to work independently in a dynamic, fast changing environment and with a strong attention to details.
• Work experience with statistical programming language e.g. SAS, SQL, R, Python required.
• Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Engineering, Economics or similar quantitative field of study.
• Advanced degree in Business, Finance, Statistics, Economics or Mathematics or equivalent experience in similar business is preferred.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 10, 2020, 8:38:00 AM