Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Are you ready to build the innovative next generation payment network? Do you want to be part of “Fortune 100 Great Places to Work” and make a difference?
American Express is making strategic investments in new card network products and platforms to allow the company to meet its ambitious global growth agenda. Card Network platform is a distributed near real time low latency system that is always available and highly resilient, processing transactions from around the world 24x7, 365 days a year. American Express Global Card Network Platform authorizes and processes all of the company’s customer card transactions.
As a Sr. Engineer, you will be a responsible to build core features and functions of card transaction systems on distributed platform deployed in hybrid cloud. Senior Engineer in American Express is an individual contributor role reporting to Director of Engineering.
- You will be responsible to design and build distributed data processing and analytical systems.
- You will be responsible for end to end design and build of key features of a distributed transaction engine.
- Build high level design as well as detailed design of subsystems/features with emphasis on performant code.
- Build and code features, working with developers in day to day activities and helping in code and other SDLC tasks.
- Build POCs to validate new concepts and new technologies.
- You will constantly purse and learn industry leading/innovative technologies and solutions. Be acutely aware of enabling technologies and open-source products to build low latency distributed systems.
- Lead a culture of innovation and experimentation, engage in fun and outcome-oriented culture, and always be ready to try new concepts without fear of failure.
- Collaborate with peer technology and development teams across different locations.
- 5+ years of work experience in software design and implementation using C/C++, Golang or Java.
- Experience in designing, implementing and operating any of the NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Couchbase, Redis.
- Clear understanding of various design patterns, threading and memory models supported by the language/VM.
- Have excellent written and verbal communications skills. Create and deliver effective presentations to Senior Leadership.
- Experience in distributed data processing and analyzing using Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Spark.
- Experience in distributed messaging system such as Kafka
- Experience in building Micro services and Service Mesh is a plus
- Proven Experience with Go Lang
- Experience in cloud platforms like Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift are a plus.
- Experience in Continuous integration, Continuous delivery and DevOps Systems.
- Experience in architecting large scale distributed data systems considering scalability, reliability, security, performance, and flexibility.
- Able to mentor and provide technical guidance to other engineers.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 13, 2020, 4:48:37 PM
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.