Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
The Director role of the Japan Global Commercial Services (GCS) / Global Merchant Services (GMS) LFO team will have the opportunity to work with numerous business partners, spanning across many countries, and covering a number of disciplines. Areas covered include:
- Delivering financial decision support to the GCS/GMS businesses for Japan
- Directly liaising with the GCS/GMS Japan General Managers on all matters concerning financial performance
- Connecting with International GCS/GMS LFOs on all matters concerning financial performance of Japan GCS/GMS (solid line to GCS, dotted line to GMS).
- Managing the GCS/GMS Japan P&L in a proactive manner, helping the region understand and achieve their targets
- Providing high quality strategic & conceptual thinking and analysis on key issues confronting the business
- Partnering with the NY Global Planning & Analysis teams providing support for the core planning & analysis activities
- Overseeing the month-end, drive the Plan, Forecast, LRP & R&O processes
- Preparing & presenting financial reviews & updates as required for Senior Management
- Work with the business teams to identify, evaluate & implement cost management, revenue enhancement and margin improvement initiatives
- Leading the annual SQP investment process for GCS/GMS Japan and the ongoing appraisal of growth initiatives in the region
- Being the financial lead in support fo Japan specific 3rd party partnership deals, business development opportunities and new product roll outs
- Partner closely with the International Consumer Services VP/LFO in the market in support of the Japan County Executive Team and its Winning Country by Country strategies
- Work across the matrix: work closely with Controllership, Reporting teams, Marketing, Risk, utilities and central teams
- Managing a team of 2 direct reports, providing regular coaching and development as well as offering leadership (as required) to additional positions in the broader Japan Finance team based in Tokyo
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
The successful candidate will have:
- Knowledge of the payments industry economics
- Robust modelling and deal evaluation experience
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and data mining applications (e.g. Essbase, Tm1, SQL, Tableau)
- Experience in industry, preferably in the financial services or payments industries
- Fluency in Japanese and English
The successful candidate will show many of the following characteristics:
- Will be intellectually curious
- Carry a personality that is upbeat, enthusiastic and emotionally consistent
- Have an ability to drive results, manage time and prioritize effectively
- Be comfortable dealing with ambiguity and able to simplify complexity
- Show a personal passion for continuous improvement
- Adopt a flexible attitude, being able to digest multiple requests
- Be a crisp and influential communicator
- Have a track record of working collaboratively and motivating those around them
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 2, 2020, 7:45:55 AM