There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
- Democratize data for all users in Digital Workplace and beyond
- Champion data-driven decision making across Digital Workplace
- Accelerate innovation across our Colleague Journeys and Strategic concepts leveraging new data models
- Provide solutions enabling performance& efficiency improvements for Digital WorkplaceEngineering DirectorThe Digital Workplace team is an Agile organization driving user story analysis and elaboration, design, and development of software applications for use within American Express. We work on specific platforms and products or as part of a dynamic resource pool assigned to projects based on colleague journeys and experiences. The Integrated Data team will enable the implementation of a Digital Workplace transformation that aims to provide the world’s best colleague experience Wherever. Whenever. Everyday.
- Accountable for building and leading a new high performing Engineering team mainly focused on Big Data Technology, Machine Learning and APIs
- Responsible for the design, development and implementations of optimal data models, enabling enhanced value to the organization’s downstream products and processes
- Lead and oversee specifications and Technical Design documentation; participate and guide in architectural reviews
- Benchmark systems, analyze system bottlenecks and propose solutions to eliminate them as well build for the future
- Work with product teams and big data partners to gather requirements, aid solution shaping and provide recommendations;
- Manage and act as a link between the needs of the organization, and the big data engineers and be responsible for leading the team that manages the full lifecycle of the big data ecosystem
- Provide continuous support for ongoing application availability and clearly articulate pros and cons of various technologies and platforms
- Work with product owners to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and manage a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues.
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, other technical discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of experience with Big Data, data warehousing, data integration (including ETL and EIA), Data architecture & Analytics solutions using Hadoop, MapReduce, Pig, Hive, Spark, Storm, etc.
- 10+ years of experience in software development using object-oriented languages (Python, C#, Java, etc.)
- 10+ years experience in designing high performing interfaces across a range of protocols (REST, SOAP, GraphQL) and data formats (JASON, XML, gRPC)
- Worked with complex, heterogeneous data sources, integrating and enabling them so they can be queried by end users for analytics, business intelligence etc. Ensuring data quality
- Leadership experience and experience in building a new engineering team
- Proven experience in designing data models for both data in transit (interfaces) and data at rest (databases). Ability to weigh up the pros and cons of different modelling patterns (e.g. relational star schema, data vault) and apply the best fit for the solution
- Proficient in Machine Learning techniques
- Experience in Web Development patterns, frameworks and tools
- Experience in leading and influencing technical stakeholders
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Looks proactively beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities to build a world class collaboration experience for all colleagues in AMEX
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 25, 2020, 12:51:47 AM