Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference. American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards. We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people!
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express has embarked on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative information security products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team.
Identity and Access Management (IAM)
Identity and Access Management works with technology and business partners across business functions/processes to ensure alignment, understanding and ongoing communication on information security controls and regulatory/compliance requirements. Our Engineers know that security is a top priority for our business and our partners and customers. Today, as cyber-attacks increase and compliance is more rigorously enforced, we look to them to stay ahead of what’s next and to protect our business and our future. So if you are dedicated to the newest technology and motivating others, secure your career here!
This position is a critical member of the IAM team within the Information Security organization. The engineer contributes to design, development, troubleshooting, debugging, evaluating, modifying, deploying and documenting software and systems that meet the needs of the internal end user applications.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Execute software development activities
• Function as an active member of an agile team by contributing to software builds through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
• Participate in code reviews and automated testing
• Debug basic software components and identify code defects for remediation
• Support and monitor software across test, integration and production environments
• Automate deployments in test or production environments
· Automatically scale applications based on the demand projections
A minimum of 2 years of software development experience in a professional environment and/or comparable experience such as:
• Understanding of Agile or other rapid application development methods
• Designing and coding across one or more platforms and languages as appropriate
• Exposure to methods relating to application design, software development, and automated testing
• General knowledge of distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Understanding of object-oriented design and coding with variety of languages
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field required
High Performing Behaviors:
• Learns and applies new technologies and techniques
• Demonstrates good analytical skills
• Recognizes the importance of collaboration to achieve objectives
• Clearly communicates ideas and concepts to others
• Manages assigned tasks effectively; acts on own initiative without being prompted
Additional Desired Experience:
• Prior experience with IAM Products: SailPoint Identity IQ, Oracle Identity Analytics is a plus.
• Prior experience with workflow products where there is lifecycle management of a request is also a plus.
• Additional Preferred Certifications: Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Certification J2EE, Application Design Certification, CISSP, CISA
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 19, 2020, 9:46:07 AM