Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an ambitious new team of high performers. Our Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how technology intersects with the people who count on it every single day. They are nimble and creative with the power to craft our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team! You will be part of a dynamic, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering world-class cardmember experiences.
- You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers. Engineers who join our Loyalty Technology team will be assigned to one of several exciting teams that are developing a new, nimble and modern loyalty platform which will support the key element of connecting with our customers where they are and how they choose to interact with American Express.
- Be part of an enthusiastic, high performing technology team developing solutions to drive engagement and loyalty within our existing cardmember base and attract new customers to the Amex brand.
- The position will also play a meaningful role partnering with other development teams, testing and quality, and production support, to meet implementation dates and allow smooth transition throughout the development life-cycle.
- The successful candidate will be focused on building and executing against a strategy and roadmap focused on moving from monolithic, tightly coupled, batch based legacy platforms to a loosely coupled, event-driven, microservices-based architecture to meet our long-term business goals.
- Position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field followed by 8+ years of software design, development, testing, and implementation experience.
- Must have at least 3+ years of mainframe development experience.
- Experience designing and developing REST APIs for high volume clients
- Demonstrated experience in object-oriented application design, software development, and testing, preferably in an Agile environment.
- Experience with open source frameworks, such as DropWizard, SpringBoot, Camel, Bootstrap, Web Services, Spring and Oracle.
- Experience with various relational and NoSQL databases, such as Oracle, MongoDB, and Apache Cassandra a plus.
- Experience with continuous integration tools (Jenkins) a plus.
- Experience with automated build and test frameworks a plus.
- A proven hunger to learn new technologies and translate them into working software.
- Experience with container technology, such as Docker, a plus.
- Experience with Atlassian software development and collaboration tools (Bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence, etc.), a plus.
- Experience with Git a plus
- Aptitude for learning and applying programming concepts
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external business partners
- Knowledge of payments industry
- Experience with coding skills across a variety of distributed technologies
- Experience with a broad range of software languages and payments technologies
- Exposure to integrations with Business Rules Management Systems is desired (Drools, Blaze)
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 20, 2020, 5:26:24 PM