Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative Identity products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team! You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering projects platform supporting our global customer base.
Our Engineers that join our Technologies team will be assigned to one of several exciting teams that are responsible for development and management of business critical platforms. You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering projects platform supporting our global customer base. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers. Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers.
- Effectively communicate to internal and external business partners on solution design
- Drive user story analysis and elaboration, design and develop software applications, and test and build automation tools
- Own all technical aspects of software development (architecture, design and development of systems) for assigned applications
- Perform hands-on software development, design, writing code, API specs, doing proof of concepts, conducting code reviews and testing in ongoing sprints
- Drive consistent development practices - tools and common components
- Work with Product Owners to define requirements for new features and plan increments of work.
- Develop deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms within the supported domains
- Identify opportunities for adopting new technology to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
- Demonstrate a passion for continuous learning and willingness to adopt new technologies.
- Good attitude, communication, willingness to learn and collaborate
- Bring a culture of innovation, ideas, and continuous improvement
- Challenging status quo, demonstrate risk taking, and implement creative ideas
Are you up for the challenge?
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience with exposure to management theories and concepts.
- 3-5 years of experience across design and development using Java, Vert.x, Spring, REST/SOAP APIs, Junit/Spock Tests, Maven or Gradle.
- Knowledge on REACT Native and REACT JS (Mobile development)
- Knowledge on code quality parameters and GIT branching concepts.
- Knowledge on SQL and NoSQL databases (Oracle/DB2, Cassandra/Couchbase).
- Automated testing concepts using Selenium, REST Assured, Cucumber and CI/CD concepts with and exposure to tools such as Jenkins, Nexus, Maven, GIT.
- Prefer knowledge of JSON/XML, file parsers, Spark
- Experience across continuous integration/deployments in an Agile framework covering aspect of design development and testing (SDLC)
- Expertise in agile life-cycle management tools (JIRA/Rally), software testing standards, methods and conventions.
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 17, 2020, 11:17:16 PM