Senior Manager, U.S. Small Merchant Analytics
U.S. Small Merchants is making American Express “Welcomed Everywhere and Used Every Day”. The business focuses on high growth and relationships in the U.S. Small Merchants segment. Through innovative programs like OptBlue and growing relationships with payment facilitators like Square, US Small Merchants is transforming how American Express is accepted and welcomed.
The Senior Manager, OptBlue Partner Analytics will report to the Director of Third-Party Merchant Acquisition Analytics. The Manager will work in close collaboration with senior leadership, acquisition, marketing and center of excellence teams to inform and guide strategies with data-driven insights, ultimately driving merchant value, increased network coverage and spend growth. Among other responsibilities, the work will allow us to develop a roadmap to reach virtual parity in U.S. and grow a high value portfolio of over 8M merchants that collectively deliver over $240B+ in annual charge volume.
- Own the analytics, measurement and reporting across key performance indicators for the business
- Elevate and bolster our analytical suite for the evolving merchant acquiring models like Square / Stripe, etc.
- Use data to partner with small merchant acquisition on strategic initiatives driving growth, virtual parity and welcome acceptance in the U.S.
- Project Management
- Lead the delivery and presentation of monthly executive results package for U.S. Small Merchants
- Own the streamlining and automation of analytical tools to scale the production of custom analytical/ strategic deep dives and generate actionable insights
- Play a meaningful role in building a roadmap for higher merchant engagement and activation leading up to merchant parity coverage efforts and beyond.
- Collaborate across the organization at a high level to help align and drive projects forward
- Establish and maintain close collaborations to understand business, develop goals/objectives, and address challenges and opportunities
- 3+ years of relevant experience is highly desired in a role that required analytical thinking around data and insights
- Demonstrate proficiency in SAS, SQL is REQUIRED
- Self-starter, ability to drive insights from data, provide action steps and get results in a fast-paced environment
- Strong project management and analytical skills with a strategic attitude
- Strong collaborator with an ability to establish relationships and challenge the status quo
- Excellent business writing and presentation with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of managements and influence strategy
- Knowledge of Tableau, Python and Big Data is a plus, but not a requirement
- Experience in consulting, Masters in Business Administration, Finance and Statistics is a plus
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference. American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards. We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision. Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people. The powerful backing of American Express. Don’t make a difference without it. Don’t live life without it.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 18, 2020, 2:02:22 PM