Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express is in the midst of an exciting product and technology transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative customer data driven products at a rapid pace, serving our consumers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team! A seasoned Software Engineer with a passion to build data intensive systems is wanted to partner with the Third Party Data Gateway Platform team in a bid to enhance the external data integration technology landscape at American Express
We are looking for:
• A hands-on Software Engineer with high energy and eagerness to grow technically.
• Application Programming expertise in distributed software development in Java and associated frameworks
• In depth application programming experience for data access in document and relational databases like Couchbase, Oracle etc
• Understanding of Enterprise Integration Patterns.
• Strong communication skills
• Expertise in the implementation of effective software engineering practices and processes that result in high speed to market: i.e. open source style project maintainers, PR review process, issue triage, code reviews, code contribution metrics definition, test automation strategy, CI/CD optimization, etc.
The Third-Party Data Gateway Platform team is responsible for building Engineering Patterns, Frameworks and Components that accelerate integration of External Data Sources into American Express. In this role, you will partner with our talented team to design and build cloud native applications and enhance our platform core framework to support ongoing integration needs. Also, we are embarking on an exciting journey into adopting Inner Source culture and Federated Development Model that will transform the way AMEX builds software.
This high energy Engineer is expected to have:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- Java 8+ programming is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with Java frameworks
- Understanding with SQL and NOSQL databases (Couchbase preferred).
- Substantial experience in an agile enterprise setting.
- Demonstrated experience with continuous integration tooling such as Jenkins pipelines.
- Experience with Atlassian software development and collaboration tools (Bitbucket JIRA, Confluence, etc.).
- Experience with microservice frameworks: Spring Boot, Vert.x
- Demonstrated experience with advanced Git usage (project maintainer level). Ability to solve complex merges and code integrations
- A proven hunger to learn new technologies and translate them into working software
- Ability to effectively communicate to internal and external business partners on solution design
- Knowledge of risk and credit industry is a plus
- Previous exposure to Domain Driven Design a plus
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 18, 2020, 9:25:30 AM