The International Lending team provides strategic and financial analysis to help develop the right products, lending capabilities, and customer treatments that grow our share of spend and lend in the marketplace. We achieve this goal through a broad set of activities, such as financial analysis of our existing cardmember base and detailed financial sizing of new card products, product refreshes, lending capabilities, or customer treatments. Our team supports the Global Lending organization and relies on strong cross-functional collaboration with the product, marketing, pricing, risk, and finance teams for the International Consumer Services business.
The Finance Manager will play a pivotal role that will support the International Consumer Lending leadership team as well as market business and finance teams with the goal of driving profitable lending growth. This position requires both strong analytical skills and the ability to partner with colleagues across the globe to drive results.
- Provide consultative decision support on new product development, alternative lending constructs, product refresh, and business transformation projects to enable profitable lending growth in international markets.
- Manage non-card personal loans portfolio with a focus on scaling and expanding to new markets.
- Inform pricing strategy decisions by providing thought leadership and ensuring consistency in business cases for repricing and other price changes across markets.
- Build relationships with business partners, influencing decisions with sound logic & financial analysis.
- Maintain acquisition vintage reporting to inform lending strategy across international markets.
- Work closely with central lending, markets and risk to enhance profitability at product & account level.
- Create cost-benefit analyses for new lending capabilities and alternative lending constructs.
- Strong financial analysis skills including financial modeling, reporting, and problem solving
- Self-starter with intellectual curiosity, initiative, and strong work ethic
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to time sensitive deadlines
- Knowledge of card economics essential; familiarity with lending economics advantageous
- Experience with IDN and/or Cornerstone and ability to work with complex data
- Strong working proficiency of Excel, Word, PowerPoint required
- Bachelor's degree required, business-related advanced degree preferred
- 3-5+ years of relevant Finance/Business work experience
- Location: New York, NY
- Workplace Flexibility: Potential to work remotely part of the time based on current projects and team needs.
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 19, 2020, 12:29:20 AM