- Providing value-add consultative and analytical support to the General Managers in Asia Pacific to evaluate financial performance, identify profit improvement opportunities, and develop metrics impacting the moderate to long term growth of the business
- Lead the financial aspects including sizing CBAs (cost- benefit analysis) for merchant value propositions and charge volume expansion opportunities
- Provide support on all financial aspects of merchant deal negotiations, new business launches and partner negotiations
- Support the development, operationalization and actual tracking of metrics to measure progress against strategic initiatives
- Evaluate and revamp all recurring processes and tools to drive efficiencies and sustainability
- Develop and regularly present analytics to senior leaders and interface with business partners
- Work regularly with Finance HQ team for results update/ Investments Optimization and forecast submissions
- Strategic Thinking: Solid ability to adopt a broad perspective and link business strategies to specific initiatives. Possess a strong grasp of the competitive landscape and market trends. Ability to work with ambiguity
- Analytical Thinking: Strong aptitude for analytics. Demonstrated ability to develop sophisticated financial models and draw value-add insights from large amounts of financial data
- Communication: Superior ability to communicate with and influence at all levels of the organization
- Results Leadership: Ability to manage multiple and complex workstreams and work across boundaries and deliver a diverse set of initiatives that result in transformational outcomes.
- Strong work ethic with an intense will-to-win and demonstrated personal excellence. Ability to handle high pressure environment with aggressive deadlines
- Change Leadership: Continuously seek process improvement and play a lead role in driving change in the organization each and every day
- Academic Background: CA/ CPA/Regular MBA
- Proven experience as a Finance Manager
- Technical Skills/Capabilities: Knowledge of Python, Hive, Cornerstone would be useful.
- Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
- Set The Agenda: Define what winning looks like, put enterprise thinking first, lead with an external perspective
- Bring Others With You: Build the best team, seek & provide coaching feedback, make collaboration essential
- Do It The Right Way: Communicate frequently, candidly & clearly, make decisions quickly & effectively, great leadership demands courage
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 19, 2020, 10:27:21 PM