Manager/Senior Manager, Global Credit Bureau
The Global Credit Bureau team, in Credit and Fraud Risk Management, manage the data, policy, strategy, and relationships with third party data providers and determine the governance over the processes through which American Express interacts with those third parties. The team has responsibility for Credit Bureau Reporting and Credit Bureau data for new accounts, customer management, and collection practices.
The manager will be part of a team dedicated to helping American Express leverage digital and offline data to drive innovative solutions to business challenges. Successful candidates will:
- Develop policies and strategies that optimize performance of the Credit Bureau systems and data
- Communicate with third party vendors
- Be responsible for data mining, analytics, research, and capabilities development supporting regulated data (e.g. credit bureau information) and non-regulated data (e.g. aggregated or vertically compiled) to support Change Management, Operational Risk Events, and Strategic Decisions
- Develop metrics and MIS to deliver strong controls and insights available from the data
- Have consultative skills able to work in a dynamic cross functional environment
- Engage with senior leadership within American Express
- Engage with partner organizations to discuss new data opportunities and enhance existing data exchange processes.
- Driving data quality, information integrity, and MIS initiatives that support the enhancement of credit bureau data.
- Evaluating existing and new data sources to identify opportunities for customized and optimized data solutions that address business needs
- Managing a portfolio of new and existing data partners - this includes performing tests to validate data value and driving vendor comparisons for risk management life cycle usage
- Actively managing credit bureau match and other record discrepancies to improve quality of information/content exchange.
- Developing and executing periodic quality control procedures to drive data integrity processes over data capabilities.
- Supporting executive level Cardmember data inquiries, research and investigations
- Driving projects related to American Express external information initiatives
- Partnering with our compliance organization to ensure all new developments are acceptable within the legal and regulatory framework of Credit Bureau reporting and credit monitoring
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field
- 3+ years of credit, operational risk, risk management and/or information management experience
- Strong data handling and ability to apply statistical / quantitative techniques and methods to drive business results. SAS or SQL expertise, preferred.
- Superior process, project and relationship management skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and work under tight deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate project scope in documentation and presentation format.
- Awareness of key consumer protection regulations within a Bank Holding Company environment.
- Working knowledge of Credit Card business, Risk and Financial Management platforms is desired.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 18, 2020, 11:38:24 AM