Why American Express?
Responsible for supporting the Hyperion product suite in the Production environment, including Essbase, HFM, HFR, SmartView, and DRM. Analyze recurring issues and develop solutions to prevent recurrence. Work with Development and business teams as needed to resolve issues and bring recommended solutions into the Production environment.
Key Responsibilities :-
- Will work closely with business and L1 support teams to resolve problems that arise in the Production environment.
- Work with Development to resolve L3 Production issues, and to develop and implement solutions to recurring problems or to address inefficiencies in the Production environment.
- Work with the Infrastructure and IFPOS teams as needed to implement upgrades, patches and/or other configuration-related changes to HFM, HFR, SmartView, or Essbase.
- Align customer needs to the prioritization of Incident and Problem record resolution
- Handle the diagnosis and correction of application problems
- Provide internal analysis and support to ensure proper support during outages or periods of degraded system performance
- Respond to audit questions related to the Hyperion product suite
- Review any project work including code migrations, configuration changes, patches, etc. that are moving into the Production environment.
- Identify routine tasks or requests that could be handled via an automated solution, and work with relevant teams to automate as much as possible.
- Provide beneficial solutions for business, both tactically and strategically
- Lead customers to understand how current or envisioned processes align to industry standard methodology
- Define processes, documentation and engineering diagrams for technical and operations support.
- Follow and enforce strict testing and change control procedures
- Become familiar with existing Hyperion-related test scripts, and work with relevant teams to create and automate any additional tests required in order to automate regression testing for as many key business activities as possible.
- Communicate effectively and frequently with the business, L1 support teams, and development teams (as needed) to provide updates on ongoing high priority issues
- Create and manage Oracle Support SRs for the Hyperion product suite. Assist the other members of the L2 Production Support teams in managing non-Hyperion Oracle SRs.
- Share Hyperion product suite knowledge with other members of the support team, and receive training from them in other Oracle products (example: Oracle eBS)
Scope of Impact/Influence:-
Responsible for rapid and effective response to Production problems.
Propose solutions to reduce the overall number of Incidents and problem tickets related to the Hyperion suite, and improve overall stability of the applications.
Occasional leadership of team members and/or facilitation of other teams for completing work and delivery of quality
Education and Experience:-
- 6-8 years of experience with Production Support for, and/or implementation of HFM, HFR, DRM, and Essbase
- Hands-on experience with MAXL scripting
- Hands-on experience with both Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Practical application using Agile or other rapid application development methods
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field required; advanced degree preferred
Specific technical experience working with HFM, HFR, DRM, and Essbase.
SmartView and MAXL scripting expertise is preferred
Able to navigate, search, and retrieve data from Linux and Windows servers
Effective communication skills are a must, as this role requires interfacing with high-level business leaders as well as developers and other technical staff
Any experience in test script development or automation would be a bonus, but is not required
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 14, 2020, 12:00:00 PM