American Express is a global services company that provides consumers and businesses with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. We make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services through innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions.
Cardmember Acquisition is the largest investment in American Express’ Global Consumer Services Group. The Enterprise Digital Application & Platform (EDAP) team is a core part of cardmember acquisition, having responsibility for creating world class digital experiences to drive increased acquisitions.
Our Acquisitions and Onboarding Portfolio team was the first Lean Portfolio established at American Express and is at the forefront of driving transformational change in the product is managed at American Express. We are looking for a strategic leader and change agent to join our team as a manager of Portfolio Operations. You will have the opportunity to learn new things and see how you can make a direct contribution to the success of Product and American Express. You will work among high performing engineering, design and product teams. You will have a passion for both agile operations and business strategy. You will enjoy being challenged in a fun, collaborative, diverse and inclusive team environment.
Does this sound like you?
As a Portfolio Manager you will lead a team responsible for:
- Establishing best practice standards for Lean Portfolio communications to stakeholders and technical product owners
- Developing and implementing a communications strategy to coordinate activities across the portfolio and facilitate change management
- Understand how to move forward data driven conversations, strategy and planning sessions
- Creating and fostering a stronger brand identity for the portfolio through visual content, informational videos and roadshows
- Developing and maintaining a capacity governance model for the portfolio to implement the first ever value stream funded model at American Express
- Piloting new agile processes to influence the direction of the Enterprise as Product and Portfolio management evolve at American Express
- Collaborating with other portfolios across the enterprise to manage interdependencies and streamline planning
- Keeping up to date with industry, competitor, Agile/SAFe methodologies and new trends
- Demonstrated ability to manage the workflow between reporting, analysis, product coordination framework enablement, and business value
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical detail and present complex information to executive level audience
- Strong written and verbal communication and ability to communicate info to interested parties
- Passionate about learning and innovating, comfortable in a rapidly changing and fast-pace environment
- Comfortable with pushing their professional abilities and competencies to the limit
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Business Management, Analytics, Marketing, Finance, Organizational Leadership, or relevant degree, is highly preferred; Master degree is a plus
- Very strong collaboration skills – ability to navigate cross functional teams to deliver on shared objectives
- Demonstrated leadership in Enterprise thinking with a track record of influencing others to embrace Enterprise thinking
- Demonstrated ability to self-start, carve opportunities out of ambiguity, and operate with a high degree of independence
- Proven ability to drive change, leading adoption of new ways of working, and leveraging storytelling to drive understanding & adoption of change
- Excellent communication and listening skills; ability to build relationships, influence decisions, and make things happen without direct authority
- Enthusiastic leader who leads with positivity & a sense of what’s possible, who can evolve the product role in an organization undergoing a product transformation
- 2-5 years professional experience
- Fortune 500 or big 4 experience is a plus
- Experience managing large, matrixed budgets
- Demonstrated communications experience across several mediums (websites, email, townhalls, etc.)
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 19, 2020, 5:47:20 PM