POSITION MUST SIT IN PHOENIX, AZ.
American Express has been in existence for over 167 years servicing its customers with integrity, trust, security and quality. Today, these attributes still form the foundation of our brand. American Express employees are engaged and have a passion for their work. Our continued success is solely dependent on the talent that we attract to our organization, and the contribution they make to our ever-changing environment. Our Collections Colleagues are self-motivated, effective negotiators who care about our customers as well as our company.
Our Collections Specialists are creative problem solvers, results oriented and possesses above average emotional IQ to connect, negotiate, influence and provide the extra that makes us successful. This elite group of Collections Specialists supports a niche segment of very Special Customers that consists of high value, high spend and prominent card members.
- Must be able to collect on past due, high balance accounts of $30k or greater while making quality decisions for American Express and our customers
- Possess a competitive and strong will to win attitude; demonstrated resiliency and extreme adaptability in a fast-paced environment
- Should possess strong customer focus with the ability to conduct detailed and intelligent financial discussions with card members
- Must possess excellent analytical, negotiation and decision-making skills; in addition to strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity and compassion in a difficult situation; ability to drive strong results with effectiveness and efficiency
- Someone who listen to understand, respond with empathy, treat customers with respect, and take quick creative actions
- Have a genuine interest in people, a desire to help with a naturally positive attitude
- Demonstrated personal excellence including punctuality, integrity and accountability; MUST have the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work non-traditional schedules with shifts including evening, weekends/holidays — handle outbound calls as well as inbound calls on a dialer platform in a metric driven environment
- High School Diploma
- Experience in Credit/Collections, Billing, Sales or Customer Service
- Strong customer focus with the ability to have detailed and intelligent financial discussions with Card Members
- Excellent analytical, negotiation and decision-making skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrate personal excellence including punctuality, integrity and accountability
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity and compassion in a difficult situation
- Ability to work nontraditional schedules/shifts
- Proven ability to drive strong results in effectiveness and efficiency
- Must have ability to work independently and in a team environment
Schedule: Business hours of operations are seven (7) days a week from 5:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Candidates must be flexible.
Location: 18850 N 56th St. Phoenix, AZ 85054 (Desert Ridge)
This position may be work from home and adjusted back to “in office” at any time, this will be determined at the discretion of American Express.
You will need:
- A quiet work space to avoid any disruptions during customer interactions.
- Internet service
- Personal smartphone or a tablet
American Express will provide:
- All other technical equipment needed
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 24, 2020, 2:17:13 PM