Product Analyst — Mobile Platforms
The Global Mobile team is responsible for the product strategy, user experience, and delivery of mobile apps for American Express Card Members globally. This includes the Amex Mobile app available on iOS and Android in over 20 markets. We define and implement the polished, thoughtful, and industry-leading mobile experiences our Card Members expect from our world-renowned brand of powerful backing and exceptional customer service. We ensure these products and experiences meet clear user needs; align with the overall business vision for American Express; and adapt appropriately to the mobile channel.
We’re looking for a talented and passionate Product Analyst to join our Mobile Platforms team in Phoenix. The Mobile Platforms team solves problems faced in common by mobile app experiences by building reusable components, capabilities, and tools such as: push notification templates; step-up authentication mechanisms; common navigation patterns and controls; test-and-learn capabilities; and more. Consistent design patterns and shared components enable us to deliver more value to Card Members more quickly.
If you are interested in working on customer experience, mobile product development, and strategy for a market-leading app, we would love to hear from you.
The Product Analyst — Mobile Platforms will:
- Assist in developing a product-level strategy and roadmap that aligns with American Express’ strategic objectives
- Support the Product Operations & Native App Capabilities Product Manager in solving common mobile problems by developing components and capabilities that scale globally and across use cases
- Evangelize internally for the needs of Amex mobile products, and help partner teams design scalable platforms and services that power Amex mobile experiences
- Help measure the effectiveness and success of product platform solutions
- Research and identify new platform capabilities by assessing the competitive landscape, user behavior, and internal Amex systems
- Assist in continual Product backlog management; document customer value and/or product development efficiency propositions in backlog items
- Actively Participate in the Mobile Platforms product development process with Engineering and Design
- Communicate customer needs and product requirements clearly, and ensure our Engineering and Design partners have requisite details to correctly interpret user stories and success criteria
- Lead the Mobile Platforms documentation effort, including how-to integration guides for Amex Mobile feature teams; UI samples from Design; technical specifications from Engineering; and best patterns and practices for mobile product development
Types of people we need:
- Product owners — appreciate the difference between creating and iterating on a valuable product and completing a project, with experience managing or building digital products.
- Technologists — understand (or have an aptitude to learn!) how the modern web works; how websites differ from mobile apps; how systems communicate with each other
- Mobile and Fintech enthusiasts — excitement and knowledge about the mobile product space and our competitive environment
- Collaborators — our role is largely partnership driven; working with capability owners and technology partners is vital
- Technical writers — our team must convincingly communicate best practices and guidelines and clearly document Native Application Platform capabilities
- Strategic thinkers — ability to balance both short- and long-term decision-making and execution; use short feedback cycles to produce excellent products at scale
- Astute analysts — Amex mobile apps are used by millions of Card Members, around the globe, to interact with many Amex lines of business; therefore successful mobile platform capabilities will emerge only after large sets of current and future use cases are carefully boiled down to common needs
- Teammates — we’re looking for an affable contributor to our strong team culture of cooperation, empathy, and a passion for excellent digital products
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 18, 2020, 2:51:21 PM