Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
At American Express, Enterprise Platform team was created in 2018, as part of the company’s Framework for Winning. Core to our purpose is reimagining the platform solution-delivery model to dramatically improve our strategic agility, speed to market, effectiveness of delivery and transparency. Our teams create solutions on Enterprise platforms by harnessing the power of Integration, Data, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence to offer powerful selling and re-selling engines to acquire new clients and expand existing client relationships.
- Hands on Technical Lead for a scrum team.
- Design not only for business needs but non functional requirements, engineering scale and info. security.
- Drive architecture, design and delivery of engineering capabilities.
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
- Leading a team of engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
- 8+ years of hands on software development experience on -
- Experience in REST APIs technologies
- Experience on Java Spring/ Spring-boot frameworks
- Experience and knowledge of event driven asynchronous, messaging technologies like MQ, Apache KAFKA
- Knowledge of API security, oauth, versioning, resource models.
- Knowledge of deployments on Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes, Continuous Integration/Deployment (using Jenkins, Maven etc.)
- Understanding of code versioning using git, github and gitflow.
- Any Knowledge of Big Data, Salesforce is a plus.
- Understanding of Cloud native application development.
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 23, 2020, 8:54:11 AM