Manager/Senior Manager-Product Development, Partner Onboarding & Integration
Network Solutions & Operations (NSO) runs the American Express Network, processing $1 Trillion in annual spend and serving issuers and acquirers in over 90 markets worldwide. The GNO team manages and optimizes this core platform, defining its operations and creating innovative products that simultaneously leverage network assets and unlock new commerce for American Express.
The Network Product team leads product development and management for the Global Network, building for scale, driving interoperability, and enabling seamless, secure customer interactions and innovative experiences.
We are looking for a Product Manager/Sr. Manager of Product Development who is thoughtful, technically well-versed, and a self-starter. This person will be part of the Global Network product team, primarily responsible for third-party integration and onboarding strategy, in addition to supporting the development and management of emerging payment solutions such as Secure Remote Commerce (SRC). Ideal candidate will work across the payment ecosystem (Merchants, Acquirers and Issuers) balancing innovation with making it easier for partners to integrate with American Express Network.
Manager/ Sr. Manager Product Development will partner closely with Global Network teams (i.e. Product, Marketing, Partner Deployment, and Industry Engagement) as well as other critical stakeholders across the organization in order to define the product roadmap and deliver product capabilities.
- Partner Integrations: Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to gather partner feedback and prioritize these needs within the overall product roadmap. Oversee integration efforts and manage onboarding strategy for Amex’s issuing partners.
- Product Development: Lead envisioning and manage development of new partner integration rails. Simplify and automate onboarding efforts by keeping process optimization in mind – i.e. make it easier for partners to integrate with Amex.
- Product Roadmap: Support product strategy work, development and management for SRC. Develop an Amex perspective and evangelize these capabilities internally.
- Industry Standards: Monitor industry developments, strategize internally and participate and influence emerging payment standards.
- Technical Acumen: Act as a technical SME and strategist for the team by obtaining a deep knowledge of the product.
- Communication: Ability to break down complex technical concepts into simple business terms linked to a business strategy. You thrive at the intersection of tech and business and can straddle both worlds easily. You are an excellent communicator, orally and in written communication
- Experience with APIs (highly preferred): You have experience in reading and understanding technical specifications including those for APIs. While we do not expect you to code APIs, we expect you to have given thought to developing APIs, API strategy and lifecycle management.
- Product expert: You have experience with SAfe Agile, product development & prioritization frameworks. You are comfortable with Rally, Jira or related tools.
- Passion for payments and FinTech: You are excited about emerging payments and keep your finger on the pulse of industry and competitor developments. You are curious and inquisitive and think creatively and revel in “What if scenarios...”; experience in financial services industry, specifically within payment space, would be a big plus.
- Relevant experience: Three or more years of experience as a Product Manager with track record of delivering payment or related products highly desired. Experience in SRC, W3C, and tokenization are pluses.
- Ability to travel 25% to any destination inside or outside the US
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 23, 2020, 4:33:50 PM