Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
The Engineer II is within the Information Security-Infrastructure Security Automation group.
This position is focused on creating orchestration and automation for infrastructure security organization and integrating
Solutions with IT Risk and Security organizations and Global Infrastructure partners.
This would require full stack-technical skills across JAVA, Python, API, UX, MongoDB and/or any DBMS- (PL/SQL experience),
DevOps. The team works on Agile and prior experience in working with agile team would be a plus.
- Ensure use of DevOps to deliver innovative software solutions for the Infrastructure Security organization, our customers and our partners.
- Work closely with Information Security architecture and engineering teams to deliver stable, performant, and effective technologies to the organization
- Create automation and workflow to reduce the manual tasks performed in Information Security
- Maintain strong relationships with business partners to ensure that the delivered solution and the targeted platform continually matches business needs
- Support evaluation and proof-of-concept activities to drive selection of new technologies
- Typically holds a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field
- 2+ years of experience working with Agile Software Engineering Teams
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Webservices/API, XML, JSON, NoSQL, and MongoDB and/or any DBMS- (PL/SQL experience), DevOps
- Nice to have, but not required experience and knowledge of the following technologies and languages: AJAX, Redux,
- Redux-Saga, SASS, NodeJS, NodeExpress, SQL Server, Pearl, PowerShell, Couchbase, IIS, and Apache Tomcat
- Knowledge CI/CD, unit testing, system testing, test automation
- Experience with implementation of complex solutions, and operational support of systems and applications
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives while addressing challenges and articulating solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
- Possesses extensive knowledge of enterprise policies and procedures including Change and Incident Management
- Requires proven collaboration/communication skills
- Proactive attitude towards managing issues and keen eye to detail.
- Ability to organize, manage to deadlines, and control concurrent initiatives.
- Highly skilled in impact analysis and problem solving/issue resolution.
- Ability to perform at a high level under pressure, manage crisis response activities and coordinate activities of cross-organizational teams.
- Ability to prioritize multiple activities, workloads, and objectives.
- Possess problem solving skills with ability to provide in-depth analysis of complex problems and manage risk
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 23, 2020, 9:39:22 AM