Why American Express:
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express is built on service and sustained by innovation. Established in 1850 as an express delivery service, American Express has remained a leader for generations by embracing both innovation and tradition. As our company has grown and evolved, sometimes reinventing our business outright, we have never strayed from the customer-service ethos and values on which we were built—trust, security, integrity, quality, good citizenship, respect and customer commitment. We continue innovating as we look to drive growth and efficiency, deliver greater value to our merchants, broaden our consumer base and - above all -provide outstanding customer service.
Today, American Express is the world’s largest global payments network, owning relationships with both Card Members and merchants. We provide products and services to customers around the world, process millions of transactions daily, and drive more than $1 trillion in commerce annually. With a diverse product set and a large, global customer base, the company is the largest payment issuer by spending volume.
The Colleague Experience Group (CEG), formerly known as Human Resources, at American Express seeks to provide a great colleague experience every day. The Global Talent Acquisition function is going through a strategic recruitment transformation, deploying robotics & process automation tools and modernizing recruitment infrastructure to focus on business talent priorities and improve end-to-end process experience.
Global Talent Acquisition is looking for a Sourcing Specialist to join our team, and lead talent acquisition priorities and end to end recruitment service delivery for designated function across North America region. The person will be responsible for leading a team of Sourcing Specialists and empower them to execute against functional goals by providing direction on sourcing strategies and standard methodologies. They will provide sourcing and screening support to the US Onsite recruitment team and ensure candidates and hiring leaders have a positive hiring experience.
This position will utilize your previous experience in leadership and recruiting to directly lead a professional recruitment team and motivate them to drive results to the next level. Being close to the marketplace through benchmarking and networking, you will analyze both recruitment and business trends to provide expert solutions to finding top talent. Your insight will allow you to make recommendations on building talent pipelines and sourcing strategies that result in finding top talent. You will build strong partnerships with onsite recruitment leaders to provide a proactive approach recruiting in key areas of our business by driving top diverse talent into hires.
- Execute the sourcing strategy for the hiring need and adapt the approach with each posting’s search, to increase applicant funnel and identify suitable candidates.
- Mine databases to identify potential candidates and screen (includes phone screen) and review resumes for appropriate skills, experience and knowledge in relation to position requirements.
- Deep sourcing skills and experience in sourcing passive candidates from alternate sources, use social networks and research to build internal database
- Build and manage candidate pipelines using tools like SmashFly, LinkedIn and other tools
- Identify channels to source and recruit diverse candidates and build pipelines of suitable profiles to recruit across different levels in the business.
- Leverage market intelligence and industry trends, including target companies and organizations, to build candidate slates.
- Develop a strong understanding of the business to build familiarity
- Develop, execute and monitor online candidate search campaigns using a variety of internet search engines as a delivery vehicle for producing quality candidates.
- Ensure adequate number of qualified candidates are submitted for all assigned open roles within the agreed timelines.
- Ensure company complies with laws and regulations as it relates to online sourcing, recruiting and hiring practices
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis to determine sourcing effectiveness based on recruitment funnel, sourcing channel, and time to fill analysis
- Identify process improvement opportunity to strengthen and improve hiring leader as well as candidate experience
- Excellent communication, collaboration, influencing, and problem-solving skills
- Successful track record of leading large-scale initiatives, while also running large teams
- Driving of process optimization and continuous improvement (e.g. onboarding)
- Strategic outlook and ability to lead change and innovation
- Strong influencing skills and ability to work across multiple levels of an organization
- Ability to coach and develop others and to scale teams
- Ability to make logical decisions in a complex environment
- Able to adapt own approach and style to the situation
Shift Timings: 7:30 PM - 4 AM
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of US recruitment experience in fast paced global recruitment environment managing end to end recruitment activities which includes talent branding, sourcing strategies, selection process, candidate experience, data management and all the related responsibilities
- Prior experience in developing and maintaining positive relationships with key stakeholders, hiring managers including HR contact
- Experience in Taleo/ATS and other new world recruitment tools, technologies and platforms to improve process efficiencies
- Outstanding assessment and interviewing skills; strong command of assessment and selection methodologies, instruments, and processes
- In-depth knowledge of the recruiting landscape with ability to produce external trends, market intelligence and industry insights
- Demonstrated ability to listen, understand, convey, and relate ideas, concepts and issues clearly and confidently through all channels while having an awareness of environmental cues.
- Worked in a team environment that emphasized group contributions
- Ability to build and sustain trust while leveraging partnerships at all levels.
- Proven ability to perform under pressure and under tight deadlines
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of an organization and to develop strong client relationships
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 23, 2020, 10:44:50 AM