Why American Express:
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express is built on service and sustained by innovation. Established in 1850 as an express delivery service, American Express has remained a leader for generations by embracing both innovation and tradition. As our company has grown and evolved, sometimes reinventing our business outright, we have never strayed from the customer-service ethos and values on which we were built—trust, security, integrity, quality, good citizenship, respect and customer commitment. We continue innovating as we look to drive growth and efficiency, deliver greater value to our merchants, broaden our consumer base and - above all -provide outstanding customer service.
Today, American Express is the world’s largest global payments network, owning relationships with both Card Members and merchants. We provide products and services to customers around the world, process millions of transactions daily, and drive more than $1 trillion in commerce annually. With a diverse product set and a large, global customer base, the company is the largest payment issuer by spending volume.
The Colleague Experience Group (CEG), formerly known as Human Resources, at American Express seeks to provide a great colleague experience every day. The Global Talent Acquisition function is going through a strategic recruitment transformation, deploying robotics & process automation tools and modernizing recruitment infrastructure to focus on business talent priorities and improve end-to-end process experience.
Global Talent Acquisition is looking for a Team Leader Recruitment Support - US Offshore Operations to join our team, and support regional recruitment teams in North America and India. This position will be responsible for leading a team of offshore recruitment coordinators and empower them to execute against functional goals by providing direction on recruitment coordination activities including, but not limited to, creating and posting job requisitions, coordinating interviews, and the end to end recruitment phase of the immigration process. It will also include recruitment activities like reporting, process audit & compliance, onboarding management and governance. This team will ensure our candidates, hiring leaders and recruiters have a positive experience of recruitment process. The primary focus of the Team Leader is to provide support to their recruitment team and manage candidate care and process deliverables. This role will work India night shifts and/or as directed by the leader.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Manage end to end activities of recruitment support and administration which include but not restricted to the following:
- Recruitment Helpdesk – Support Center (Email and Phone services)
- Recruitment process audit and compliance
- Offer Management & Onboarding
- Interview Scheduling
- Governance Reporting
- Communication and Process Training
- Lead the team to ensure successful recruitment results for BAU recruiting activities
- Liaise with the candidates, hiring leaders and recruiters to ensure real-time communication on recruiting initiatives and issues arising
- Maintains high visibility with and influences assigned business leaders and Colleague Experience Group (HR) members
Lead service delivery of the onshore and offshore recruitment coordinators team and work closely measure productivity, efficiency and build strong relationships with stakeholders
Ensure high quality results, process compliance and system adherence to operating guidelines in a timely manner
Disseminating communication or process transformation, business operations updates and scheduling follow up meetings as needed
Schedule daily, weekly, monthly quarterly updates and preparing meeting material, presentation decks to review performance
Communicating process and benefits of the solution to key stakeholders, including changes in process, new initiatives/projects and additional service offerings
Regular reporting on data accuracy with needed follow ups with recruitment team members across the regions to be compliant with the system expectations.
Ensuring the team is briefed on the recruitment delivery process to include in-scope recruitment activities, service levels, mandatory recruitment activity stages
Work with Background Verification, US I9, and Recruitment & Selection teams to ensure process compliance
Driven to contribute for success of broader Global Talent Acquisition (GTA) priorities which may include but not be limited to participation in industry events, travel within and outside primary work location for recruitment activities and recommending data insight backed strategies for establishing stronger business unit partnerships
- Excellent communication, collaboration, influencing, and problem-solving skills
- Driving of process optimization and continuous improvement (e.g. onboarding)
- Strategic outlook and ability to lead change and innovation
- Strong influencing skills and ability to work across multiple levels of an organization
- Ability to coach and develop others and to scale teams
- Ability to make logical decisions in a complex environment
- Able to adapt own approach and style to the situation
- Coachable people leader
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 4+ years of recruitment experience, with at the least 2+ years running and leading recruiting administration teams
- Ability to work in India night shifts to support North America time zones
- Demonstrated track record of success in developing and implementing successful and creative recruitment strategies to improve operational efficiencies, experience and governance
- Proven experience in managing recruitment service center, process compliance, global onshore-offshore teams and governance
In-depth knowledge of the recruitment systems, ATS (Taleo), HRIS and processes related to new hire recruitment
Prior experience in developing and maintaining positive relationships with key stakeholders, hiring managers and other cross functional contacts in a global operating environment
Ability to build and sustain trust while leveraging partnerships at all levels
Worked in a team environment that emphasized group contributions
Ability to prepare and delivery presentations to large groups
Proven ability to manage many projects/tasks at the same time
Proven ability to perform under pressure and under tight deadlines
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 23, 2020, 2:39:32 PM