Why American Express:
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express is built on service and sustained by innovation. Established in 1850 as an express delivery service, American Express has remained a leader for generations by embracing both innovation and tradition. As our company has grown and evolved, sometimes reinventing our business outright, we have never strayed from the customer-service ethos and values on which we were built—trust, security, integrity, quality, good citizenship, respect and customer commitment. We continue innovating as we look to drive growth and efficiency, deliver greater value to our merchants, broaden our consumer base and - above all -provide outstanding customer service.
Today, American Express is the world’s largest global payments network, owning relationships with both Card Members and merchants. We provide products and services to customers around the world, process millions of transactions daily, and drive more than $1 trillion in commerce annually. With a diverse product set and a large, global customer base, the company is the largest payment issuer by spending volume.
The Colleague Experience Group (CEG), formerly known as Human Resources, at American Express seeks to provide a great colleague experience every day. The Global Talent Acquisition function is going through a strategic recruitment transformation, deploying robotics & process automation tools and modernizing recruitment infrastructure to focus on business talent priorities and improve end-to-end process experience.
Global Talent Acquisition is looking for a Team Leader, Recruitment Support & Administration to join our team, and support regional recruitment teams in North America. This position will report to the Manager of Recruitment Support & Administration and will be responsible for leading a team of recruitment coordinators and empower them to execute against functional goals by providing direction on recruitment coordination activities including, but not limited to, creating and posting job requisitions, coordinating interviews, and the end to end recruitment phase of the immigration process. It will also include recruitment activities like reporting, process audit & compliance, onboarding management and governance. This team will ensure our candidates, hiring leaders and recruiters have a positive experience of recruitment process.
This person will manage the relationship and partner closely with General Counsel’s Office and outside counsel to ensure process adherence and meet strict deadlines. The primary focus of the Team Leader is to provide support to their recruitment team and manage candidate care and process deliverables.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
• Manage recruitment administration activities which include, but not restricted to, the following:
- Recruitment process audit and compliance
- Immigration, Offer Management & Onboarding
- Governance Reporting, Communication and Process Training
• Lead service delivery of the recruitment coordinators team and work closely measure productivity, efficiency and build strong relationships with stakeholders
• Ensure high quality results, process compliance and system adherence to operating guidelines in a timely manner
• Liaise with the candidates, hiring leaders and recruiters to ensure real-time communication on recruiting initiatives and issues arising
• Ensuring process adherence in relation to priorities outlined by the General Counsel's Office and Outside Counsel
• Collect interview guides and all requisite process details and file accordingly
• Schedule all preparation meetings with the appropriate member of the recruitment team, including but not limited to General Counsel's Office and outside counsel
• Advise hiring leaders throughout the end to end recruitment process
• Comply with Department of Labor mandates and audits
• Disseminating communication or process transformation, business operations updates and scheduling follow up meetings as needed
• Regular reporting on data accuracy with needed follow ups with recruitment team members across the regions to be compliant with the system expectations.
• Ensuring the team is briefed on the recruitment delivery process to include in-scope recruitment activities, service levels, mandatory recruitment activity stages
• Work with Background Verification, US I9, and Recruitment & Selection teams to ensure process compliance
• Oversight and responsibility of immigration activities, team operations, productivity and overall service delivery results
• Driven to contribute for success of broader Global Talent Acquisition (GTA) priorities which may include but not be limited to participation in industry events, travel within and outside primary work location for recruitment activities and recommending data insight backed strategies for establishing stronger business unit partnerships
• Excellent communication, collaboration, influencing, and problem-solving skills
• Driving of process optimization and continuous improvement (e.g. onboarding)
• Strategic outlook and ability to lead change and innovation
• Strong influencing skills and ability to work across multiple levels of an organization
• Ability to coach and develop others and to scale teams
• Ability to make logical decisions in a complex environment
• Able to adapt own approach and style to the situation
• Coachable people leader
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position. Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 4+ years of recruitment experience, with at the least 2+ years running and leading recruiting administration teams
- Demonstrated track record of success in developing and implementing successful and creative recruitment strategies to improve operational efficiencies, experience and governance
- Proven experience in managing full cycle recruitment experience, process compliance and governance
- In-depth knowledge of the recruitment systems, ATS (Taleo), HRIS and immigration policies related to new hire recruitment
- Prior experience in developing and maintaining positive relationships with key stakeholders, hiring managers and other cross functional contacts in a global operating environment
- Worked in a team environment that emphasized group contributions
- Ability to prepare and delivery presentations to large groups
- Proven ability to manage many projects/tasks at the same time
- Proven ability to perform under pressure and under tight deadlines
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 23, 2020, 2:34:52 PM