Associate Product Manager – Product Development: Peer-to-Peer Payments
Amex Digital Labs is responsible for catalyzing innovation and setting up Amex for long-term success by incubating new products and platforms that are essential to our customers’ digital lives. We are a fast-paced team with a focus on developing digital payment products, servicing solutions, and engaging membership experiences, while leveraging emerging technologies. We often partner with top technology companies or start-ups to bring products to market.
Amex Digital Labs is looking for an Associate Product Manager (APM) to support the development, launch, management, and iteration of U.S. Peer to Peer (P2P) payment products. We recently launched a feature in the Amex Mobile App which allows Card Members to seamlessly split their Amex Card purchases with any Venmo or PayPal user. But this is only the beginning. We have a robust roadmap, with a focus in 2020 on our continuous collaboration with Venmo and PayPal to deliver novel features and functionality. The person taking this role will work cross-functionally to identify customer needs, drive the customer experience, define and articulate requirements, document system and user flows, deliver product features, analyze results and evolve the product backlog. The APM will represent the product with internal stakeholders and our strategic partners alike. They will also lead development efforts across a variety of enterprise platforms, lead end-to-end testing of products, and manage a scrum team that owns the core P2P platform which powers our solutions.
- Balance the needs of customers, internal stakeholders, leadership, and partners, to define product features, user stories, acceptance criteria, user experience, product roadmap and backlog
- Partner with engineers and solutions architects to identify technical solutions, assess technical tradeoffs, define API specs, and deliver product features/platform capabilities
- Continuously improve your agile delivery process in collaboration with your scrum team
- Write test cases, create test plan, sequence testing, collaborate with colleagues to execute tests, capture test results, and triage bugs
- Set and track development/release timelines; navigate intricate dependencies and communicate impacts to stakeholders
- Coordinate across internal/external teams to launch features in market and manage products post-launch
- Conduct qualitative/quantitative research, using data, analytics, and customer feedback, to iterate and inform product decisions
- Form hypotheses, define metrics, and analyze KPI’s in order to continuously improve UX and refine feature backlog
- Implement procedures and processes for customer service, operations, and production support
- Document and distribute requirements, user experience, process flows, and data flows
- Support Business Development and Marketing teams with go-to-market activities
- Digest complex legal regulations/requirements and create the best outcome possible for customers while meeting those requirements
- Maintain pulse on digital product development trends, competitors and marketplace dynamics, to inform continuous product evolution
We are seeking an Associate Product Manager with a passion for technology, a clear focus on the customer, strong communication skills, and the ability to provide clarity and direction across teams.
Key qualifications are:
- Understanding of tech and product development processes, known as a business person who can talk tech
- Enthusiasm for exceptional products and services, deep customer empathy, outstanding product intuition and skilled at articulation of product functionality
- Curiosity and hunger to know how things work
- Ability to ask the right questions, assess tradeoffs and risks, gain buy-in, make an informed decision, and support that decision with compelling evidence
- Detail oriented, able to identify key questions, make decisions and assess how pieces of the puzzle interact and affect the overall project
- Recognize issues quickly and determine how to get a resolution through creative and effective problem solving
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to engage, influence, and inspire internal/external partners to drive collaboration and alignment
- Highly organized
- Willing to take initiative and be accountable for results
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Adaptability; able to change your approach based on your audience
- Team player and flexibility is a must; we have a large team
- Ability and willingness to be creative within the bounds of the highly regulated environment that is, financial services
- Preferred: 2+ years experience in new product development, product management, or similar role
- Bonus: Prior experience in digital payments and/or P2P
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
About American Express
American Express’ heritage was built on service and has been sustained by innovation. Through our evolution from and express mail business in 1850, to one of the world’s largest card issuers by purchasing volume and a digital innovator, we’ve never been afraid to explore new possibilities and embrace the changing marketplace. From our high employee satisfaction ratings to our many workplace awards, American Express is consistently recognized as a great place to work by people around the world. We offer talented individuals challenging work with purpose by embracing both innovation and tradition. As our company has grown and evolved, sometimes reinventing our business outright, we have never strayed from the customer-service ethos and values on which the company was built – trust, security, integrity, quality, good citizenship, respect and customer commitment.
New York City, New York, United States
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 23, 2020, 11:40:27 AM