About Credit Fraud and Risk:
This critical team is responsible for managing enterprise risks through the customer life cycle and across all our global products. We develop industry-first data capabilities, build profitable decisioning frameworks, create machine learning powered predictive models, and improve customer servicing strategies.
You will be responsible for using data science tools and capabilities to prevent fraud in real-time across all portfolios, products, transactions and interactions. You will be working on strategies to prevent fraud for E-commerce transactions and lead the research for new fraud data attributes.
The Key responsibilities are:
- Analyzing large volumes of data to uncover new fraud patterns
- Developing new fraud strategy solutions to identify fraud interactions and deter them
- Identifying, evaluating, acquiring, and integrating new data sources
- Continuously enhancing fraud controls
- Leading data science research to come up with new fraud attributes
- Partner closely with technology teams for implementation of fraud solutions
Other responsibilities may include leading the product evolution of existing and new fraud products; monitoring, analyzing and recommending improvements to increase data coverage, quality and effectiveness; and partnering with American Express colleagues worldwide to use fraud capabilities consistently across all global markets.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field such as Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, Computer Science
- Good blend of analytical skills, process expertise, project management and relationship building skills
- Hands-on knowledge of statistical / mathematical software (e.g. SAS, R, Python) and database query languages (e.g. SQL)
- Prior experience working with very large datasets using Big Data tools and platforms (Hadoop, PIG / HIVE / Mahout) is preferred
- Prior experience with econometrics, regression, cluster analysis, segmentation and decision trees is preferred
- Superior thought leadership and solution-oriented mindset
- Ability to think strategically and apply both quantitative methods and business insight to get results
- Ability to rapidly acquire good fraud judgement and understandings of the way data flows from one technical system to the next, as well as why
- Ability to build strong relationships in a cross-functional environment
- Clear and effective communication skills
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 23, 2020, 2:36:24 PM