- Understand data publishing efforts across loyalty and benefits platforms, articulate a long-term data publishing strategy & roadmap with clearly defined business targets and drive alignment and execution of this strategy across multiple backlogs.
- Create capabilities and features to support the Global Data Publishing roadmap.
- Build and actively manage a Finance capabilities product backlog of features that are groomed and prioritized in close collaboration with the business and engineering teams
- Translate complex business objectives into features and user stories, working closely with engineering to provide the information required for those teams to successful deliver software products
- Deep engagement and consultation with various business teams to understand current and future needs
- Full participation in and support of agile and SAFe practices and ceremonies to reinforce the agile transformation of the delivery team
- Communicate and build consensus across multiple teams, across the globe, in creating solutions to business needs including leading in-person and virtual meetings
- Build robust understanding of payment and Loyalty domain
- Lead and own the delivery of new Loyalty capabilities
- Create and execute R-42 Finance Roadmap, partnering with Finance and Accounting stakeholders to ensure integrity of American Express Financial reporting.
- Identify and communicate risks to work that is in-flight, and provide viable alternatives to mitigate those risks
- Support leadership in developing a platform strategy, in the sizing of development efforts, and PI planning
- Foster and contribute to a culture of ownership, follow-through, and collaboration by adopting a mindset of doing whatever it takes to make the team successful
- Understand and internalize the needs of our external, internal and support users
- Prioritize and maintain the sprint backlog consistent with the Product Roadmap and perform story refinement with the implementation team
- Review and accept completed user stories and demonstrate sprint-related or general functionality with external stakeholders and customers.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Software Product development and delivering on a product roadmap, ideally in a platform product role.
- Understanding of building capabilities in a distributed technology stack
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels within organization, internally and externally
- Experience with agile and scrum software development methodologies
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to consult with various stakeholders and drive to alignment on thorough requirements
- Superb analytical skills
- Problem solving, attention to detail, excellent organizational skills
- Project management skills; ability to prioritize and complete tasks
- Experience developing enterprise software in multiple countries at a global company desirable
- Familiarity with one or more programming languages is desirable
- Relational database design and data normalization experience desirable
- Knowledge of financial services industry and associated products is desirable
- Bachelor’s Degree desirable; Bachelor’s (or comparable experience) in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline required
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 24, 2020, 2:21:37 PM