The Global Merchant Services (GMS) Pricing team is responsible for the single largest source of American Express’ revenue: Merchant discount revenue. The team works closely with multiple business partners to determine the ideal credit pricing structure to encourage merchant acceptance of American Express, while striving to improve coverage and merchant satisfaction. Ultimately, we drive merchant revenue and profit growth through customer-centric pricing principles, more flexible pricing architecture and innovative pricing solutions.
The Payments landscape is evolving fast, and the need to monitor, understand and react to our competitive environment is greater than ever. With that, the Director – Debit Pricing will be responsible for developing a robust understanding of the Debit competitive landscape globally. This will require building and maintaining a global, best in class view of competitive Debit pricing through research, analysis and modeling. The successful candidate will report to the Vice President of Global Pricing Infrastructure & Insights and will have considerable exposure to senior leaders in GMS and across the Blue Box.
Oversee and lead all Competitive Intelligence (CI) activity/strategic projects related to Debit.
Develop and Maintain Competitive Intelligence Pricing Models.
Stay abreast of Regulatory changes globally and assess implications together with industry dynamics through internal and external resources in compliance with company policies.
Provide consultative support to different stakeholders on all CI requests.
Lead a team of three Managers.
- 5+ years’ experience in Debit Pricing / Management Consulting.
- Experience in and/or significant exposure to the Debit payments industry with a solid understanding of business model drivers.
- Strong aptitude for analytics; demonstrated ability to develop sophisticated financial models and draw value-added insights from large amounts of data.
- Strategic thought leader with the ability to work through unstructured problems and develop clear action plans.
- Strong relationship management and collaboration skills – ability to manage external vendors and internal stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral -- with experience leading discussions with Senior Leaders where decisions need to be made based on the facts presented.
- People leadership experience – this position leads a team of three.
- Results driven with the ability to work under pressure, navigate through ambiguity, draw linkages and balance multiple priorities.
- MBA or relevant graduate degree from top tier institution.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 26, 2020, 10:13:58 AM