American Express is seeking a visionary and results-oriented Engineering Director who will lead the platform transformation designed to enable a world class, seamless and personalized experience for our prospects and customers across all channels. The role will lead a large, high performing, global engineering organization responsible for the end to end suite of technologies that enable real-time, cross-channel personalization of Amex content while bringing in the best industry learnings and innovations. This role will also be responsible for developing a world-class enterprise platform for driving increased Amex Member engagement.
The incumbent will lead the development of innovative new Big Data & Open Source technologies based Product; designed to enable real time, personalized interactions with prospects and customers, champion the re-use and globalization of capabilities where applicable, and design a more streamlined and effective approach globally while driving Cloud adoption.
Key Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Data Management& Advanced Analytics:
- Lead the development of Enterprise Product & Platform leveraging the company’s Big Data & Cloud platform
- Partner with Digital Demand Generation and Customer MarketingTechnology team to effectively leverage prospect and customer marketing data on Big Data platform for the purpose of driving enterprise personalization capabilities
- Dramatically improve business measurement, analytic capabilities and quality of actionable business insights to drive marketing performance across Amex businesses
Marketing & Personalization Capabilities:
- Enable cutting edge real-time marketing capabilities using Big Data & Analytics inluding Machine Learning techniques as required. The key focus of this role will be expand the Member Reward & Response Personalization capabilities across the enterprise.
- Partner with Data scientists, Architects, Engineers & Product Owners to lead the design and implementation of world class, cross-channel personalization capabilities leveraging advanced analytics and real time machine learning
- Integrate with marketing stakeholders, channel owners and partners across all Amex lines of business including centers of excellence for Global Marketing Operations and Enterprise Digital & Analytics
- Build and develop team, capabilities, supporting processes and infrastructure to deliver above business improvements, building upon existing Amex teams and resources
- Scale globally with the business and partners across multiple geographies
- Ability to lead a global engineering team across multiple geographies
- Ability to groom and mentor diversified set of team members
The ideal candidate will be a visionary leader with a track record of developing cutting-edge marketing and personalization technology platforms that improve both customer engagement/experience and business performance. This leader will have deep expertise in designing products that leverage advanced analytics and machine learning, especially within a consumer-oriented driven environment. S/he will have a strong background in digital marketing (martech/adtech) and experience partnering with data scientists, marketers and channel teams.
S/he as a leader will be comfortable solving complex problems and navigating uncharted territory. S/he will be highly adaptable and have the proven ability to pivot and course correct as the digital landscape and customer behavior continue to evolve. S/he will have excellent listening and cognitive skills and the ability to influence, shape and drive dialogue by building “buy-in” across the organization.
Ideally, this person has experience in a progressive, consumer-oriented technology company of significant scale. S/he will have a reputation as a strong leader and team builder who is adept at attracting and developing great talent, having led teams across multiple geographies.
- 13+ years of large-scale technology delivery in a complex environment
- 2-5 years Martech experience with broad knowledge of the digital marketing landscape including relevant products, tools, processes, and industry players
- 1-3 years experience developing real-time personalization capabilities leveraging machine learning in a big data environment
- Understanding of Kubernetes, Container Orchestrations, Docker, and Cloud Native applications
- Advanced knowledge of big data concepts, tools and technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Scala, HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, HBase, Python, Pig & Java).
- Extensive knowledge of Amex prospect and customer marketing technologies, capabilities and data will be preferred.
- Knowledge of Neural Network, Deep Learning, Supervised & Unsupervised, Regression, Classification will be an added advantage.
- Large scale software product engineering experience with contemporary tools and delivery methods in a complex environment, i.e. Agile/SAFe, Test Modernization, CI/CD, Cloud Solutions, and DevOps practices
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, with the ability to influence at all levels across functions, from both technical and non-technical perspectives alike
- Outstanding influential and collaboration skills; ability to drive consensus and tangible outcomes, demonstrated by breaking down silos and fostering cross communication process
- Proven experience attracting, hiring, retaining and leading top engineering talent and building high performing teams in a highly competitive market
- Experience managing in a fast paced, complex and dynamic global environment with the ability to convey passion, energy and intensity
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and technology evolution and is a change agent with external technology contributions
- Expert-level relevant hands-on engineering skills across a broad range of technologies, including expertise in the construction of enterprise-grade APIs and Services using state-of-the-art techniques (REST, JSON, XML, etc.) that can be readily consumed through a self-service implementation model (full SDK, test stubs, test data, etc.)
- Experience with business analytics tools like Tableau and Splunk will be preferred.
- Experienced in designing and delivering high available and performant digital applications with very high volumes in both Pull and Push modes
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related field required; advanced degree preferred
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 25, 2020, 10:34:53 PM