Sr. Manager, Local Network and Debit Products
- Be part of reshaping the American Express payment network of the future.
- Working on the strategy for Local Network and Debit Products.
- Collaborating across business lines to find opportunities and to execute on plans.
Our payment network today won’t always solve for all our future needs. As local regulatory and business needs evolve over time so too must our network capabilities e.g. supporting localized infrastructure or linking with other networks.
Traditionally American cards have been credit and charge, so you will be at the forefront of innovation and the introduction of new American Express payment types.
What you’ll be doing:
- Formulating strategy and defining product development roadmaps for Local Network and Debit Products. Strategy may be fueled through:
- Researching and analyzing industry trends, best practices and services to develop insights;
- Developing relationships and understanding across various business lines and external partners to identify and explore opportunities and needs;
- Assessing the impact of plans and options on internal and external customers;
- Thinking creatively.
- Collaborating across business lines, technology, and external partners to prioritize, plan and ultimately deliver new capabilities.
- Ideally an understanding of Network and payment technology and processes, even more ideally with expertise in international Debit card payments networks.
- Ability to quickly form relationships with a wide range of partners, develop trust and maintain these relationships.
- Experience in achieving goals through influence rather than direct reporting lines.
- Experience developing of new products and leading a portfolio of existing products.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to translate complicated information for different business and technical audiences and help drive decisions.
- Understanding of Agile methodology and practices would be good too.
- High energy, an optimistic attitude and comfort navigating through an ambiguous and quickly changing space.
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10285
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 26, 2020, 8:04:21 AM