As a new addition to the American Express family, our team is working to develop additional ways to become an essential part of Card Members' digital lives by enabling travelers to discover, book, and access airport lounges worldwide. You will have the freedom, ownership, and speed of a startup with the backing, support, and resources of American Express.
We are growing our engineering team and are specifically looking for a teammate that can act as a peer to our existing senior engineers. Your work will be incredibly impactful as we enter our next stage of growth. As a Lead Web Developer at LoungeBuddy, you will work across our e-commerce consumer website as well as a business analytics and reporting tool for lounge operators.
We come from all around the world, spanning multiple continents. The LoungeBuddy team is made up of very unique and fascinating people. We are a small but mighty team that are passionate about working collaboratively, travel, and of course airport lounges. Our pillars are Trust & Respect, Collaboration, Learning & Growth, Ownership, and Empathy. Since our acquisition, we have kept our existing team but have gained the resources and backing of American Express to build the world's best travel experiences!
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference. American Express has been making a difference in
people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
- You have built and maintained a high performance, scalable web application You enjoy leading and mentoring junior engineers
- You are familiar with the best practices of web security
- You are comfortable working within an existing framework, and when no framework is provided,
- You are capable of building and defining your own processes
- You have a strong work ethic and not only complete tasks, but constantly seek opportunities to hone your craft and design the best solutions possible
- You care deeply about the quality of your work, and go the extra mile to make sure all details have been vetted, researched, and clearly communicated
- You are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for colleagues of
- Deep understanding of Node.js and Web Development
- Experience with React.js and Angular.js
- Solid grasp of software design patterns and why they are important
- Ability to communicate complex software concepts to non-technical team members well and enjoy those conversations
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 23, 2020, 2:31:42 PM
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.