This is a Band 28 requisition.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express is a global service company, providing our Card Members with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Our Credit department is fundamental in that process, encompassing a variety of different teams who strive to ensure that these ideals are constantly upheld.
Our Specialists have skills that include, but are not limited to; recovering overdue balances, enabling further spend, and assisting vulnerable customers, all whilst delivering world class customer service and growing brand loyalty.
Credit always strives to offer the best possible solution for the Card Members and their individual circumstances. Credit specialists have a challenging role that requires them to work respectfully and sensitively with Card Members who may be experiencing personal or financial hardships. They put the Customer First by listening to their needs and educating them on their delinquency and the steps needed to get their account back on track.
Purpose of the Role:
A Credit Specialist is responsible for assisting Customers and handle any/all aspects of customer accounts, including, inquiries, and problem resolution and Cultivates and maintain credit fundamentals.
The position is primarily responsible for managing first contact resolution with our cardholders who are delinquent and for the collecting/repayment of overdue payments and to manage cardholders ongoing spend expectations. To carry out these contacts with the highest levels of professionalism & service that maintains the brand whilst protecting shareholder losses.
• Negotiation for the collection of overdue payments
• Understanding customers financial arrangements and requirements
• Managing the collecting of overdue balances
• Handling calls within the guidelines of the Credit Management Operating System
• Securing repayment of overdue funds (preferably via ePay) and avoid potential losses/write-offs
• Resolving and preventing future delinquencies by educating customers on relevant & /or specific card features.
• Maintaining the brand proposition and customer loyalty
• Able to use negotiation and relationship management skills to provide win-win outcomes.
• Ability to use judgmental decision making to drive customer loyalty and growth for the business.
• Ability to listen and acknowledge customer concerns and create solutions
• Understanding of credit card financial principles
• Experience with UK calling process is preferred
• Comfortable managing multiple credit system platforms.
• Ability to learn a wide variety of technical and business skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills; communication (verbal & written)
• Quick Thinking Ability
• Flexible to work in a 24/7 shift environment Including Saturday & Sunday working
• Previous Call Center experience desirable but not essential.
• Credit/Collections experience is desirable but not essential.
• Experience of handling financial difficulties or vulnerable customers in the past is A+.
Critical Factors to Success:
• Internal Candidate - Minimum 1 yr. of Experience preferred in Collections
• Candidate should not be on any level of counseling
• Well versed with internal tools like CSP, Globestar & ECCO
UK or US Collections Proffered
Graduate in any discipline
• International Market Collection Experience preferred
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Should possess sound Analytical, Decision Making and Problem-Solving Skills
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set the Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 30, 2020, 1:03:41 AM