American Express Cloud Engineering provides a comprehensive platform that enables business critical applications to have Faster Time-to-Market for American Express. Cloud Engineering offers dynamic rapid code-to-development models and services such as Platform-as-a-Service, Infrastructure-as-a-Service, DB-as-a-Service, Analytics-as-a-Service, Messaging-as-a-Service, CICD Pipelines, etc. for application developers in a hybrid cloud environment. Cloud Engineering enables Application developers to write modern scalable cloud native applications.
American Express is embarking on an exciting Hybrid Cloud transformation journey and is in search of an innovative and critical thinking engineers to build our Hybrid Cloud Platform. This position will report into the xPaaS Cloud Engineering team.
In this Senior Java Developer role, you will be part of a talented team responsible for building scalable, secure, and highly available Cloud based Services within our Hybrid based extended platform-as-a-service (xPaaS), while also gaining experience and getting exposure to many other open source products as required.Your primary responsibilities will be to develop technical solutions to enhance the American Express Hybrid Cloud platform, with a focus on building automation for highly scalable cloud services delivery.
This is a Java Developer role with an emphasis on building automation for delivering Cloud services across a Hybrid Cloud environment.
- Good awareness of Distributed computing components like distributed caching, distributed search, Resource Managers and Job executors, Cluster Managers etc.
- Understanding of Cloud Principles and container platforms like Docker, Kubernetes, and Redhat Openshift
- Hands-on experience of Languages like Java-JEE, Node.JS and Go-Lang. Knowledge of data structure implementations in different languages.
- Understanding of Micro-Services Architectures and Principles
- Understanding of API components like Circuit Breakers, Service discovery patterns, and horizontally scalable services.
- Must be aware or worked on distributed log analytics like Splunk, ELK.
- Hands-on experience on Linux environments and virtualization/containerized environments and troubleshooting skillset in Linux/Debian environments.
- Hands-on experience on build systems like Maven and CI/CD toolchain.
Are you up for the challenge?
- Do you have 7+ years of Java Development related industry experience?
- Have you demonstrated professional expertise in a medium or large Fortune 100 company running an IT Production Operation at scale including Infrastructure (Servers, Network, Storage, Security) and Applications (Distributed, Middleware, Databases across all tiers)?
- Do you enjoy your ability to work with Cloud Infrastructures and Platforms including IaaS, PaaS, Cloud technologies and tools for Continuous Delivery (CD)?
- In depth Understanding of Linux functionalities/ features, and good experience of Linux system administration
- Highly proficient in Rest API/micro services development with an emphasis on cloud integration and management
- Experienced in Linux functionalities/features and system administration
- Knowledge of virtualization management in OpenStack and VMWare
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Cloud management and administration
- Continuous delivery experience/DevOps/Agile and Other skills
- Proven Diagnostic, troubleshooting, and service restoration skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 8, 2020, 3:10:32 PM
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.