It begins with a Card Member using their American Express Card at one of our millions of Merchants around the world—the rest is up to us. The Network Solutions and Operations (NSO) team is at the heart of the company – developing and leading the global payments processing network that powers and secures millions of streamlined transactions around the world.
The complexity of our roles requires us to be deeply embedded in the payments industry and work across almost every business unit at American Express. As a result, our team has strong acuity and subject matter expertise with a broad, end-to-end view of how payments work. This experience allows us to drive success for both our internal Amex customers and our external network partners.
Are you a motivated, hardworking and passionate individual? If you want to join an engaging and fast paced business area this could be the role for you. Reporting to the Director of Product Delivery, partnering with a scrum team of developers to deliver business priorities helping to secure online payments.
- Act as software Product Owner leading the delivery of critical capabilities
- Work with other product owners, deployment teams and technologies to ensure product vision is met
- Act as the subject matter specialist and the go-to person for Secure Remote Commerce (SRC) delivery within Amex
- Partner with the SRC Product Team to understand the capabilities roadmap and prioritize into a backlog with clearly defined features and user stories
- Utilize agile tools and techniques to drive successful delivery: writing user stories, attending ceremonies, leading PI planning, etc.
- Provide consultancy to business partners to ensure that processes, capabilities and platforms are utilized appropriately
- Lead and support agile working practices to deliver maximum value to partners
- Strong solid understanding of American Express or competitor payment products
- Tried expertise in Payment products, processes and applications
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a product owner or similar role with familiarity with Rally preferred
- Experience of applying Scrum, SAFE or similar with a development team
- Thrive in taking an analytical approach with ability to drive output, develop insights and provide recommendations for prioritisation decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required, to craft and deliver effective presentations to senior Leaders
- Self-starter able to work independently, with outstanding problem solving and organizational skills
- Proven track record to adjust quickly to shifting priorities, multiple demands and ambiguity!
- Ability to employ critical thinking and develop capabilities that can be re-used in other settings
- Experience driving results and collaborating in a cross-functional and global environment
- Flexibility in supporting various time zones, as role supports global initiatives
- Location: 18850 N. 56th Street Phoenix, Arizona 85054
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 12, 2020, 12:23:54 PM
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.