About Global Network Strategy & Operations
Global Network Strategy & Operations (NS&O) is the team tasked with envisioning the American Express payment Network of the future and executing the cross-functional transformation necessary to deliver it. Taking the lead on this strategic imperative for the company, this global team is looking to define and deliver new services and capabilities to drive business differentiation, growth, and deliver a digital global payments Network that is an enabler of rapid innovation.
The Manager of Network Product Development & Management will play a critical role in delivering the Network’s emerging payments strategy. This role is an exciting opportunity for a talented product leader to drive a vision that enables new Network payment products (e.g. digital form factors such as QR codes, push payments capabilities, and ‘debit like’ products). They will have the opportunity to stay on the cutting edge of innovative and disruptive digital payment solutions and directly contribute to the success of American Express.
The Product Manager in the Global Network Strategy & Operations team will focus on the following key responsibilities:
- Conduct research and analysis to develop insights that will allow for the identification of new products, features, and services to drive growth for American Express and our Network Partners
- Define capabilities for new payment products and services, identify/prioritize use cases, and design “minimum viable product” features and user stories to ensure a focus on delivering maximum value
- Engage internal business unit leaders and partners to understand customer needs and pain points, flesh out use case details, collaborate on new product concepts, and present implementable solutions to gain alignment on product strategy
- Design and lead test & learn pilots, and leverage learnings to refine the product roadmap
- Develop robust business cases, key metrics for success, and plans to monitor and realize stated benefits. Assess product metrics and KPIs and conduct analytics to identify opportunities to grow adoption, improve profitability, and/or expand use cases
- Develop the Network solutions and capabilities, collaborating with Technology, Operations, Policy, Legal, Compliance, etc. to deliver the flawless execution on time and within budget
- Support the business sponsor in creating the go to market strategy including the operationalization plans, the commercialization strategy, articulation of the value proposition, and ongoing metrics to measure benefits realized
- Maintain and update the product roadmap including new product features, enhanced services, updates to specifications, etc. by continually assessing the industry landscape, incorporating customer feedback, and collaborating with partners across the enterprise
- Conduct market research to identify opportunities to buy, partner, or invest in external companies that will help to accelerate the Network vision
- Monitor relevant industry trends, competitive landscape, digital trends, and customer feedback to fuel updates to product strategies and roadmaps
- Initial focus will be on direct to bank products (e.g., account-to-account payments, bank transfers, faster payments, etc.)
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Relevant experience: experience in Strategy, Product Development and/or Management Consulting preferable
Passion for payments and innovation: Passion for emerging payments, fintechs, and evolving payments landscape (e.g., real time payments, PSD2, etc.). Knowledge of payments industry and disruptive technologies, ideally expertise in digital payments
Leadership experience: Leadership experience in leading cross-functional teams to manage large scale product launches, including test & learn pilots an asset
Project management experience: Superior organizational skills with the ability to autonomously manage several initiatives at once and drive results in a fast paced, multi-partner environment with constant change
Intellectual curiosity: High-intellectual curiosity, out-of-the-box, creative & critical thinker with experience in complex problem solving and strategic thought leadership
Entrepreneurial spirit: Proactive self-starter with a demonstrated track record for navigating complex and highly-matrixed organizations in order to execute and deliver results
Collaborative team player: Ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders and effectively operate in ambiguity, white space, and quickly-evolving priorities
Effective communicator and influencer: Excellent written and oral communication skills, proficient in developing excellent quality presentations and deliverables for an executive audience. Ability to indirectly influence a wide range of diverse stakeholders and mobilize and lead cross-functional teams
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.#LI-SS1
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 18, 2020, 8:14:10 AM