Network Solutions & Operations (NSO) runs the American Express Network, processing $1 Trillion in annual spend and serving issuers and acquirers in over 90 markets worldwide. The GNO team manages and optimizes this core platform, defining its operations and creating innovative products that simultaneously leverage network assets and unlock new commerce for American Express.
The Network Product team leads product development and management for the Global Network, building for scale, driving interoperability, and enabling seamless, secure customer interactions and innovative experiences.
We are looking for a Product Manager who is thoughtful, technically well-versed, and a self-starter. This person will be part of the Global Network product team, responsible for supporting the development and management of emerging payment solutions such as Web Payments (W3C) and Secure Remote Commerce (SRC). Ideal candidate would be well-versed in web authentication standards and ID&V (identity & verification), and will work across the payment ecosystem (Merchants, Acquirers and Issuers) balancing innovation with making it easier for partners to integrate with American Express Network.
Manager/ Sr. Manager Product Development will partner closely with Global Network teams (i.e. Product, Marketing, Partner Deployment, and Industry Engagement) as well as other critical stakeholders across the organization in order to define the product roadmap and deliver product capabilities.
- Product Roadmap: Support product strategy, development and management for payment solutions powered by W3C and SRC industry specifications. Develop an Amex perspective and evangelize these capabilities internally.
- Product Development: Ideation, proof of concept creation, delivery of MVP, and manage future product iterations.
- Industry Standards: Monitor industry developments, strategize internally and participate and influence emerging payment standards.
- Technical SME: Play a key role of being team’s SME on the subject of security and authentication (Web auth, ID&V)
- Partner Integrations: Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to gather partner feedback and prioritize these needs within the overall product roadmap. Oversee partner integration efforts and onboarding strategy.
- Manage Backlog: capture and maintain a prioritized product backlog
- Communication: Ability to break down complex technical concepts into simple business terms linked to a business strategy. You thrive at the intersection of tech and business and can straddle both worlds easily. You are an excellent communicator, in both oral and written communication.
- Experience with web security standards (highly preferred): You have experience in developing product functionalities involving identity verification, security, and authentication.
- Experience with APIs (highly preferred): You have experience in reading and understanding technical specifications including those for APIs. While we do not expect you to code APIs, we expect you to have given thought to developing APIs, API strategy and lifecycle management.
- User experience design: You start with user journeys and design compelling solutions that put customer needs first. Experience in developing wireframes, mockups, UX flows is desired.
- Passion for payments and FinTech: You are excited about emerging payments and keep your finger on the pulse of industry and competitor developments. You are curious and inquisitive and think creatively and revel in “What if scenarios...”; experience in financial services industry, specifically within payment space, would be a big plus.
- Relevant experience: Three-five years of experience as a Product Manager with track record of delivering payment or related products highly desired.
- Ability to travel 10-20% to any destination inside or outside the US.
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10285
- Workplace Flexibility: Potential to work remotely part of the time based on current projects and team needs.
- Visa Sponsorship: Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 17, 2020, 9:54:57 AM
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.