The Senior Manager/Manager of Local Network Products is an exciting new global product development role that will drive the enablement of the next generation of payment processing, by understanding local market regulatory and processing requirements, and building a roadmap for this local network payment capability that interfaces effectively back to American Express’ Global Network. With global responsibility, focusing at the local market level, this role will build effective partnerships with both internal and external teams to deliver new network capability which future-proofs Amex payment processing for local market requirements.
The American Express Network enables over $1.2 Trillion in annual spend and serves card Issuers and Acquirers in over 170 markets worldwide. The Network Solutions and Operations (NSO) team operates the Network with the highest levels of performance, security, and integrity; and is supporting Network coverage expansion by onboarding new Network Issuers and Acquirers, as well as launching our new Network in China. The NSO team is also driving a strategic, multi-year transformation to modernize the Network crafting innovative products, services, and capabilities that will anticipate the needs of customers by enabling more types of payments.
- Operating at a global level, while focusing market by market, to enable and operationalize local network payment capabilities and cross-border interoperability with the Amex Global Network
- Product Development: Assist with the development and management of local network product roadmaps, including envisioning, capability assessment such as transaction flows, and operational viability.
- Collaborate with other business units and external partners to drive and deliver local network capabilities
- Build core payments network operational knowledge, and apply subject matter expertise to set direction and drive progress across local network projects.
- Opportunity to lead contingent workers supporting the local network projects, where required
- Develop best in class project management tools and processes to use and reapply for local network enablement from market to market
- A passion to drive delivery and results in a fast moving, innovative and sophisticated environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence, negotiate and drive decisions across a wide range of diverse partners
- Experience working on large scale, cross-platform projects
- Strong project management aptitude, preferably including understanding of Agile methodology and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to break down and interpret complicated business needs into requirements that can be delivered against to produce a product or service
- Flexibility and readiness to work within a global team.
- Technical acumen, comfortable working and conversing in a technical environment
- Strong aptitude for balancing multiple deliverables simultaneously, using effective prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Experience in developing new products, establishing and leading strong product roadmaps
- People leadership experience; leading remotely located teams is highly regarded.
- Strong acumen in network and payment technology, core systems and processes, ideally including new payment capabilities and trends.
- An understanding of network policy, and how that policy governs operational capabilities and process.
- Location: 18850 N. 56th Street Phoenix, Arizona 85054
- Workplace Flexibility: Potential to work remotely part of the time based on current projects and team needs.
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 17, 2020, 9:53:03 AM
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.